PDA

View Full Version : ZR4's on a C6 Corvette

category4
12-13-2008, 07:18 PM
I finally got to test the LI and ZR4 installation on the Vette tonight. I was very surprised at how well the ZR4's did against my PL III. The LI's were obviously JTFG but the ZR4's were JTG also. I did get some rear punchthroughs when targeting the tail lights, but JFG when only targeting the plate.

Granted it was only one gun and an easy gun to jam, but this might be the most popular gun in GA.

Again very pleased with the results, I thought for sure I would get PT's on the headlights but did not. The ZR4's will make a very adequate backup should I have problems with the LI.

djrams80
12-13-2008, 11:26 PM
I finally got to test the LI and ZR4 installation on the Vette tonight. I was very surprised at how well the ZR4's did against my PL III. The LI's were obviously JTFG but the ZR4's were JTG also. I did get some rear punchthroughs when targeting the tail lights, but JFG when only targeting the plate.

Granted it was only one gun and an easy gun to jam, but this might be the most popular gun in GA.

Again very pleased with the results, I thought for sure I would get PT's on the headlights but did not. The ZR4's will make a very adequate backup should I have problems with the LI.I predict that the Ultralyte sill be a very different story, especially on the back. But yeah, against a PLIII, the ZR4s perform quite well on a small to medium sized car.

The Breeze
12-13-2008, 11:53 PM
What gun are you bringing with you DJ? The more I see posts like this, the happier I am about going with the ZR4.

djrams80
12-13-2008, 11:55 PM
What gun are you bringing with you DJ? The more I see posts like this, the happier I am about going with the ZR4.Kustom PLII.

category4
12-14-2008, 07:25 AM
I predict that the Ultralyte sill be a very different story, especially on the back. But yeah, against a PLIII, the ZR4s perform quite well on a small to medium sized car.

Yes my next lidar gun aquisition will be the ultralyte 20-20 or the truspeed. We see quite a few of the Ultralyte's in GA so I am sure we will begin to see the truspeeds also.

The stalker is the gun I really fear, thank goodness we don't see many of those.

TSi+WRX
12-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Good stuff, category4. :)

category4
12-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Good stuff, category4. :)

I'm going to try and get some of the videos posted over the next few days. I filmed them at night in nightshot mode so you can see the jammers firing. Hopefully they turned out, I have not reviewed them yet.

category4
12-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Checked my setup again today after I replaced the LI's to make sure everthing was setup properly. Again LI's are JTFG on the PL3. I was however getting PT's on the ZR4's on the headlights. The only difference was today I tested during daylight. Could it be that headlights on help confuse the gun when targeting the headlight area?

TSi+WRX
12-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Certainly possible.

We know that even low-powered, conventional incandescent-halogen, DRLs (i.e. that of the current-generation Honda Accord) does funny things to error/jam-detection on the Laser Atlanta.....

I certainly wouldn't discount the possibility, outright. :)

erickonphoenix
12-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Checked my setup again today after I replaced the LI's to make sure everthing was setup properly. Again LI's are JTFG on the PL3. I was however getting PT's on the ZR4's on the headlights. The only difference was today I tested during daylight. Could it be that headlights on help confuse the gun when targeting the headlight area?

The C6 got PTs on the headlights? Distance? We couldn't get that on mine unless distances were 300 ft or less. Of course we were not exactly the best shots.

The Breeze
12-21-2008, 02:50 PM

So possibly, my solution as stated in this thread http://www.radardetector.net/forums/veil/41173-anyone-got-pulled-over-having-veil-2.html#post482815
by leaving my lights on to help keep the LEO's from harassing me about having Veil on my headlights may be playing to my advantage in more than one way, if I am understanding what has been said correctly. :) Cool!

TSi+WRX
12-21-2008, 03:37 PM
^ Keeping the sunroof/moonroof open is a known tactic, to help avoid "tint law" violations. :)

Same idea. :)

category4
12-21-2008, 04:43 PM
The C6 got PTs on the headlights? Distance? We couldn't get that on mine unless distances were 300 ft or less. Of course we were not exactly the best shots.
About 325 ft as I remember.