PDA

View Full Version : LI U.S. vs UK distributor

rockets713
12-17-2008, 11:24 AM
I was looking to get a LI but i was confused why the UK distributor was a lot less compared to the US distributor. Like the Quad in US is $1225.00 while the UK they sell for £549.99 which is $847 dollars. Are they the same and would the UK LI work in the US? I am a little confused....

noTe
12-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Because the currency exchange rate probably.

speed-dreams
12-17-2008, 11:47 AM
I believe It's mainly shipping, remember that FEDEX is very expensive. Also, the currency exchange is another factor. If you're in the US, it's better to buy it local for the warranty. Also, the only units that handles the Truespeed are the ones from LI-USA.

nomad
12-17-2008, 11:48 AM
I was looking to get a LI but i was confused why the UK distributor was a lot less compared to the US distributor. Like the Quad in US is $1225.00 while the UK they sell for £549.99 which is $847 dollars. Are they the same and would the UK LI work in the US? I am a little confused....

I live in the UK and bought mine from Cyprus because the UK rep parent company doesn't have a good reputation according to the internet.

That price has been the same since they launched the web site, so either they've got old stock, no stock and don't realise the shift in currency rates or can't be bothered with it anymore. Considering sterling is flatlining against the euro at the moment, I can't work out what they are doing or indeed whether they are still LI reps.

Maybe an LI person would comment.

The LI is the LI where ever you buy it, but the issue is what happens if it goes wrong. I'd trust Cliff and Christosx, but wouldn't trust "our" lot to help out.

speed-dreams
12-17-2008, 11:54 AM
I live in the UK and bought mine from Cyprus because the UK rep parent company doesn't have a good reputation according to the internet.

That price has been the same since they launched the web site, so either they've got old stock, no stock and don't realise the shift in currency rates or can't be bothered with it anymore. Considering sterling is flatlining against the euro at the moment, I can't work out what they are doing or indeed whether they are still LI reps.

Maybe an LI person would comment.

The LI is the LI where ever you buy it, but the issue is what happens if it goes wrong. I'd trust Cliff and Christosx, but wouldn't trust "our" lot to help out.
Just curious are u from Spain as well?

rockets713
12-17-2008, 11:55 AM
yea i probably would stick with Cliff even though the UK distributor offers free shipping worldwide. i rather be safe than sorry.

speed-dreams
12-17-2008, 11:56 AM
yea i probably would stick with Cliff even though the UK distributor offers free shipping worldwide. i rather be safe than sorry.
Cliff has good CS

Hessen
12-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Cliff has good CS

Wrong !!!

Exceptional CS............:cool:

nomad
12-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Just curious are u from Spain as well?

er... not being flash, but houses in Scotland & London and a farm in Catalonia (Northern Spain, but the locals dream of independence).

I'm Scottish, but you can shoot boar, mess about with chain saws, scare yourself sh*tless about ten times a day, have fights and smoke in bars in Catalonia, so it's altogether more pleasant :D than England where you must be responsible, dull and healthy by diktat. Catalonia's like Scotland on steroids.

The "fun" police haven't got their nanny state tentacles on it yet :p but I'm sure I've smelt some "health & safety" wallah on the horizon a couple of times.

I carry "Betsy" at all times, just in case;)

thestaton
12-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I think with the USA distributor you are paying for the best in business customer service.

christosxo
12-22-2008, 03:22 PM

If you live in USA then Cliff is your man, is the LI US distributor.
Contact him and he will take care of you with his best!