PDA

View Full Version : Laser Atlanta Now ID's Jammer Type

2600-hotbird
09-16-2005, 09:07 PM
I was poking around the Laser Atlanta website and came across and interesting press release. It appears they can now identify when they are being jammed and what type of jammer is interfering with the gun. Could be a real drag in a state that bans jammers. Even worse, it's a software upgrade so older guns can get it as well.

One interesting thing...they'll probably have to keep updating their signatures as the jammers tweak their pulse train.

http://www.laseratlanta.com/files/jammer_detection.pdf

The SpeedLaser has had an industry leading “stealth” mode that fools jammers, defeating them from
preventing speed readings. This exciting new feature now detects that a jammer is in use and displays
the type of jammer to the law enforcement officer at the time that the speed is recorded.
Laser Atlanta CEO James Kelly launched the new feature because of law enforcement interest in this
area.[/quote]

Veil Guy
09-16-2005, 11:04 PM
No mention of picking up the use of Veil, though.

That would be a neat trick. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)

boomerman
09-17-2005, 03:54 AM
Funny thing about that report is they do not list any jammers that it picks up.
To me it just sounds like they are just talking about stealth mode that manufacutures already know about.

They are probably using the same marketing/sales company that Rocky Mountain Radar uses. :lol:

thestaton
09-17-2005, 09:29 AM
yeah, its bs. how can they counter a product like the antilaser when well its not even sold. i'm sure if you jam them with the blinder it doesnt pop up, blinder m-20... now if it sees you have a laser stick its going to display a big :D

SpeedFreak
09-17-2005, 09:40 AM
now if it sees you have a laser stick its going to display a big :D
i dont even know if the gun will detect any jamming signals :lol:

Stealth_ARrOw
09-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Every radar/laser company loves throwing out the idea that their product can beat detectors and jammers. MPH says POP is undetectable (what a joke), Laser Atlanta says detectors and jammers cant detect better yet jam their stealth mode for laser (which AL6 has been shown to do). Either these companies have old press releases or they are just pulling an RMR :lol: :lol: :lol:

billgerr
09-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Cops v. robbers, cowboys v. Indians, spy v. spy.
The games continue and the ante is upped.
Simple fact: LEOs can write as many tickets as they want with a K-55. A whole lot of lavish dinners are being expensed for our elected officials by this industry, IMHO.

Longsnowsm
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
They are probably just referring to jam codes. All guns have them. As usual these are mostly marketing claims. Until we can see the GOL video we won't know just what kind of errors that gun throws up when being jammed. Will be interesting to see. :)

Longsnowsm

jackenloper
09-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Watch them create a laser jammer jammer.

f_399
09-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Watch them create a laser jammer jammer.

then someone will make a laser jammer jammer jammmer :D

JTW
09-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Leon, Roy and I have used Laser Atlanta's of all generations and they don't name the jammer LOL. I've never even seen a jamming code on an atlanta before. Have any of you guys?(GoL)

JTW

jimbonzzz
09-22-2005, 06:25 AM
During the testing I didn't see any codes on the LA Type S that we used, nor did I see codes mentioned in the operators manual...

Jim

stealthJamal
09-22-2005, 08:17 AM
I noticed when the LA gun was being jammed it consistently displayed "Invalid Feet" in the distance reading area.

SmaartAasSaabr
09-22-2005, 09:57 AM
"Invalid Feet"
http://www.stevecolgan.com/Tig/Hands%20(Large)%20-%20Arran%20Studios%202003.jpg

laserblaster
09-24-2005, 05:26 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

just shows how bad english language is. i dont like words which are the same yet they mean 2 different things!

EastGermanOlympicJudge
09-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Leon, Roy and I have used Laser Atlanta's of all generations and they don't name the jammer LOL. I've never even seen a jamming code on an atlanta before. Have any of you guys?(GoL)

JTW

I presume this is your cue to badger them publicly until they change their advertising. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

JTW
09-26-2005, 04:30 AM

JTW

I presume this is your cue to badger them publicly until they change their advertising. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

Do you have anymore cookies left? I'm finished with all of them.

JTW