PDA

View Full Version : LI parking aid and install

lolfun12
01-29-2009, 04:39 PM
I am getting a ford explorer, and will use the laser jammer as a parking aid also. After you power on, the parking aid turns off after 30 seconds. Is there any way to turn on? Or do you have to flip the kill switch?

Also, to install the LI, you need a 12V, can I use a 12V cigarette port? and is kill switch necessary during install?

category4
01-29-2009, 05:13 PM
You have to cycle the power by using the kill switch to deactivate the parking aid. You definately need the kill switch. How else to you plan on turning the hammers off after you get you the speed limit when an officer is targeting you with lidar?

Please don't tell me you plan on leaving the jammers on and jamming to gun are you?

crazyVOLVOrob
01-29-2009, 05:31 PM
You can not be serious on wanting to use the jammer for the parking sensor feature.....Its not helpful at all for parking in the real world

Get a bonafide true parking sensor to help with your parking

The LI only pretends to be a parking sensor for if you get pulled over and your questioned about it

category4
01-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Actually mine works pretty good for telling me how close I am to the garage front wall. I would not trust it as a parking sensor though.

lolfun12
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Haha, I thought if I was shelling out the money for a unit, might as well use all features :-p.

I thought I might not need a switch for it to function. Anyways I still have to run the wires for the power and ground.

EDIT: Realized that power should come from fuse box, will get add-a-circuit soon.

Stealth Stalker
01-30-2009, 06:55 PM
It comes in handy for people with cop friends, because you are able to prove to them that it really is only a "parking sensor". Then they stop asking questions. And yeah, great for the garage, but I agree I wouldn't put all my faith into it on the street.

lolfun12
01-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Alright, I figured out how to get it installed mostly, just need to find some way to run the wires neatly. Once done, I will post some pics.