PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3G Turn by Turn Navigation App

RadarKid
02-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Those of you with a jailbroken 3G iPhone, a new app called xGPS has been released. It's advertised as having turn by turn voice guidance by Feb 20. I havent tried it yet, but will tomorrow. Many more options than the native maps app. It has a speedometer view, and hopefully eventually a 3D view with accurate turn by turn. Check it out, looks promissing.

guit123
02-10-2009, 11:01 PM
will try after 20th when they release turn by turn.

An0nym0us
02-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Dang, I wish they have it on non-jailbroken but I have an application called Motion-X which is a pretty cool software but it lacks on turn-by-turn and map.

RadarKid
02-11-2009, 04:28 AM
Dang, I wish they have it on non-jailbroken but I have an application called Motion-X which is a pretty cool software but it lacks on turn-by-turn and map.

you have great pix in your sig. :eek:

cell21633
02-11-2009, 02:58 PM
:Banane42:
i'm sorry, what were we talking about?:p

RadarKid
03-06-2009, 06:50 AM
they've updated this program...although it currently sounds like "Speak & Spell" when it tells you where to turn etc. It'll scare the crap out of you driving at night. :D

scull20
03-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Turn by turn navigation is supposed to be a feature included in the 3.0 update coming this summer. Unfortunately it will not utilized google maps due to legal reasons but still a nice feature for non-jailbroken phones.

RadarKid
03-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Turn by turn navigation is supposed to be a feature included in the 3.0 update coming this summer. Unfortunately it will not utilized google maps due to legal reasons but still a nice feature for non-jailbroken phones.
You mean it WILL utilize Google maps due to legal reasons?
The Google Maps feature sucks for GPS because its not road based. Until its road based, I'll ALWAYS prefer my GARMIN

scull20
03-18-2009, 02:12 PM
You mean it WILL utilize Google maps due to legal reasons?
The Google Maps feature sucks for GPS because its not road based. Until its road based, I'll ALWAYS prefer my GARMIN

The new turn by turn directions on the iPhone WILL NOT utilize Google maps. I don't use Google maps over my Garmin either, but it is convenient and a bit quicker for finding addresses and POI than the Garmin at least for me.

I will add the Autoblog link I read about it once I have enough posts.

-Ryan

Jon_Doh
03-18-2009, 02:19 PM
djrams has a turn by turn system so he can pretend the blow up doll he dresses up as a cheerleader is talking to him
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2007/10/08-15/cheerleader-doll-charlie-sheen.jpg

RadarKid
03-18-2009, 03:49 PM
djrams has a turn by turn system so he can pretend the blow up doll he dresses up as a cheerleader is talking to him
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2007/10/08-15/cheerleader-doll-charlie-sheen.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

nah..there's nothing odd about a guy his age taking 1000 pix of some young cheerleader and posting them on the web/using them as his avatar on a forum board.