PDA

View Full Version : Hi from MA.

ktolon
04-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi, new here, i'm from the lowell,MA.area . I have a passport ix, and as of this week a laser interceptor dual hp set up installed. and H.I.D. lights.
It is installed on a 03 silverado with that big mirror like bumper and chrome grille bar, which ive thought about painting black like the rest of the truck ,so hopefully the LI offers me enough protection from an unexpected encounter.
I've also thought about changing the reflective headlamps out with some blacked out projectors.
What prompted the laser interceptor was getting hit 3 times with their "laser beams" in the last month, varified by the ix, on both rt 3 and the lowell connector. No ticket though as i was aware of there hiding spots after see them busy with people pulled over many times previously.

taylormade
04-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Welcome to RD.net. That would look nice with the blacked out grill and projectors. Maybe angel eyes too. Post some pics if you do.

-nick
04-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey guys,
New here from MA too. Running a Passport 8500 x50 in an older black 911. I see a lot of Ka band hits around Mass (Mass pike) - or nothing at all when the LEOs pass by (laser!?). I've had the same experience on Rt. 3 starting from I-95 - Passport doesn't make a sound.

I'm peaking in to check out some of the passive laser info. That seems to be what Concord area LEOs are using exclusively. I also got hit by laser on I-91 in NH (first speeding ticket in a decade).

Cheers,
nick

Donut Patrol
04-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi, new here, i'm from the lowell,MA.area . I have a passport ix, and as of this week a laser interceptor dual hp set up installed. and H.I.D. lights.
It is installed on a 03 silverado with that big mirror like bumper and chrome grille bar, which ive thought about painting black like the rest of the truck ,so hopefully the LI offers me enough protection from an unexpected encounter.
I've also thought about changing the reflective headlamps out with some blacked out projectors.
What prompted the laser interceptor was getting hit 3 times with their "laser beams" in the last month, varified by the ix, on both rt 3 and the lowell connector. No ticket though as i was aware of there hiding spots after see them busy with people pulled over many times previously.

Where on Rt. 3? North of 495? I'm running up through there alot now.

ktolon
04-16-2009, 07:34 PM

Where on Rt. 3? North of 495? I'm running up through there alot now.

Hi there, headed south. and south of of 495/lowell connector headed towards i95, they like to hang out in the middle / left side hiding there cruisers behind, and bracing themselves for the shot on the bridge enbankments or bridge walls that rt3 passes over.
I usually dont travel this rt. as i travel from job to job ,only as of the past 3 months or so due to work.
I see them there, lately ,almost every weekday around 3:30/4:00 pm or so sometimes they will switch sides tring to get people heading north, in the same area.
Sometimes its a woman statey, not bad looking ,but kinda big ,not fat, just big, like an amazonian. Thought i'de throw that in there. ha.. Sometimes more than one cruiser.but always staties.
I had an encounter with a lowell connector locall today at around exit 4, I had left the jammer on for a few seconds ,then shut down, to give him a reading ,with what i thought was plenty of time , but , when i passed he was looking down at the pl3, the warning i got, like something was wrong.
i kind of expected him to be there .
I just wanted to see if it worked but not cause any suspision , aparently it did something.

Donut Patrol
04-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi there, headed south. and south of of 495/lowell connector headed towards i95, they like to hang out in the middle / left side hiding there cruisers behind, and bracing themselves for the shot on the bridge enbankments or bridge walls that rt3 passes over.
I usually dont travel this rt. as i travel from job to job ,only as of the past 3 months or so due to work.
I see them there, lately ,almost every weekday around 3:30/4:00 pm or so sometimes they will switch sides tring to get people heading north, in the same area.
Sometimes its a woman statey, not bad looking ,but kinda big ,not fat, just big, like an amazonian. Thought i'de throw that in there. ha.. Sometimes more than one cruiser.but always staties.
I had an encounter with a lowell connector locall today at around exit 4, I had left the jammer on for a few seconds ,then shut down, to give him a reading ,with what i thought was plenty of time , but , when i passed he was looking down at the pl3, the warning i got, like something was wrong.
i kind of expected him to be there .
I just wanted to see if it worked but not cause any suspision , aparently it did something.

Hahahaha.

I head north from 495, and I'm just starting up that commute so I'm trying to get a read on the locations. They really patrol south of there, go look in the "How to Beat your Ticket" section and you will see countless tickets. 55 is SOOOO underposted. I've seen them north of exit 33 regularly (southbound lane), shooting in between those big rolling hills. I also see the NH staties alot just south of Nashua.

9500ixkid
04-25-2009, 12:07 PM
whats up

ktolon
04-25-2009, 12:55 PM
whats up

Whats up with u kid?