PDA

View Full Version : Red Light Cameras Going Up In Denton

CLTX11
10-04-2005, 09:01 PM
DENTON, Texas -- Drivers in Denton will have more than police watching for traffic violations. The North Texas city will install cameras to monitor various intersections for drivers who fail to stop for red lights.

"We monitor our intersections, and we have a list of our top 10 high-hazard intersections in terms of accidents," said Scott Fletcher of the Denton Police Department.

City officials plan to have the cameras in place by November. Photographed violators will received a traffic citation by mail.

Fines will range up to $150.

http://www.nbc5i.com/traffic/5057604/detail.html

outrun
10-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Richardson and Plano are also putting them up. But today Ernie brown on KRLD said that he was mad about red light cameras that were going to be up in Dallas. I have not heard of this. He said he thinks it's just a Revenue thing and he said if he gets a ticket from anyone but the city if he runs one then he will not pay it.

I really don't care if they go up but one thing that does make me mad is that I pull a trailer and sometimes I get caught on the stop lines etc. I don't want to get a ticket for that kind of stuff.

OUTRUN