PDA

View Full Version : is it essential to update weekly?

ipod
04-23-2009, 11:39 PM
i've been skipping the weekly updates as they do not pertain to the states i have no intentions of driving. are these updates cumulative. if i skip one or two weeks would that be a no no?
thanks in advance!

Obsidian
04-24-2009, 01:56 AM
i've been skipping the weekly updates as they do not pertain to the states i have no intentions of driving. are these updates cumulative. if i skip one or two weeks would that be a no no?
thanks in advance!

They are cumulative. You only need to apply an update when your state (or some state you may be traveling to) is updated.

ipod
04-24-2009, 05:34 AM
great! thanks for the help and answer! i was abit concerned of neglecting my detector. and i missed my state but dl the next update the following week!

RadarRandy
04-24-2009, 07:00 AM
I called Beltronics as I was concerned too. Good info- I got the same advice from them. I am here in Delaware- not much new activity. I am using the Bel GX65

djrams80
04-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Updating once/week seems silly to me. I update my RDs once/month.

poolmon
04-24-2009, 02:30 PM
It's nice to have the option for frequent updates in states that continually add new cameras every week. I know because I live in one.

More states are adding cameras to raise revenues since they seem to have spent all our tax dollars, and then some.

Would be nice to have a wireless update capability sometime in the future.

jdong
04-24-2009, 03:02 PM

IMO It's all about how often cameras change in your area, and/or how much you want any applicable firmware changes. I'm still from the "if it ain't broke dont' fix it" school of thought. Camera updates are one thing, but firmware related changes -- I'll wait for the masses to guinea pig them first :)

crazyVOLVOrob
04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
I update my cheetah c100 once a month and that is plenty

Obsidian
04-25-2009, 02:48 PM

Until the last couple of updates, Cali was almost always on the list. It will suck when you get the $400 RLC ticket because you only updated once per month. :D