PDA

View Full Version : Finally aquired a GPS

Straßenkrieger
05-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Well I finally broke down and got one, and I can't believe it took me this long. Its a Magellan 1220. Not bad for under $200 really. Any way to get red light camera locations? Sorry, I know that is an age-old question.

ps. This is my first post in a few months, glad to be back. I really missed this site. :)

BTW: I misspelled acquired. :(

lidper24
05-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I finally broke down and got one, and I can't believe it took me this long. Its a Magellan 1220. Not bad for under $200 really. Any way to get red light camera locations? Sorry, I know that is an age-old question.

ps. This is my first post in a few months, glad to be back. I really missed this site. :)

Trapster.com has a databse of user-submitted RLCs. It's very faulty--it does, I believe, cover most of the actual RLC's, but it also covers many non-RLC locations!

Straßenkrieger
05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
That's what I was afraid of. I'm sure having that on your GPS is like having a Cobra if you know what I mean. It only picks up half the threats. :mad:

lidper24
05-13-2009, 01:12 AM
That's what I was afraid of. I'm sure having that on your GPS is like having a Cobra if you know what I mean. It only picks up half the threats. :mad:

Oh, it'll pick up most if not all of the threats. It'll just alert you to about 30 falses per each.

supercowpowers
05-22-2009, 08:26 AM

Oh, it'll pick up most if not all of the threats. It'll just alert you to about 30 falses per each.

I see RLC locations in the middle of PA.

1) We only have RLCs in like 5 places in the whole state, at intersections specifically listed in the vehicle code, for chrissakes...

2) Those cameras mounted up by the red lights DO NOT GIVE TICKETS. I don't know if they're for sensing cars or accident evidence or what, but they don't give tickets.

So yeah, open up a system to anyone and any retard can put garbage data in it.