PDA

View Full Version : Time Attack races

fasthappy
10-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Im new to the game so may you all know about this:

http://redlinetimeattack.com/index.html

As a newbie tho, I say - wow! A great chance to floor it, w/o getting a ticket!

Check out the track pics under the track info link. FnAspanky.

Man o man would that be fun.

Anyone ever hit this event before?

A 2000 SS in Jersey
11-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Sounds like fun

If you live near Nevada....... :lol:

fasthappy
11-04-2005, 12:26 PM
I kno I kno... BUT... I have a dream! A gumball roadrally to Nevada, legal brothels pit stop and on to a timeattack event.

Mans gotta dream.

Im joining this: http://www.scca.org/ which apparently, down the road, will actually let me get my car on a track!

Legal speeding. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ever race your car?

A 2000 SS in Jersey
11-04-2005, 02:16 PM
I have taken it to the 1/4 mile Drags a couple of times for ha ha's.....Reverting to my youth........:)

Actually, I would like to try a high speed run. Like the one in the desert, or I heard of one down southt an old airstrip. A measured mile or some such would be fun.

For now I enjoy taking exit ramps as fast as possible...............LOL

Enjoy..................

fasthappy
11-04-2005, 02:48 PM
LOL.

On or off, exit ramps, ROCK.

How fast have you ever driven(any car)?

All my previous vehicles were SUVS, a top speed, 103.

My new joy, 123. Had room to go but I got too nervous. AKA - smart?

As for reverting to your youth, i go with "you dont quit playing cuz you get old, you get old cuz you quit playing!

Vrrrrrrrrrrrooom on!

SmaartAasSaabr
11-04-2005, 03:08 PM
I hit 95-105 on my way home every day... :lol:

edweird
11-05-2005, 05:10 PM
WARNING! Open tracking is addictive.

I've driven on open track days with the Nor-Cal Shleby Club, and also in the HPDE sessions that www.nasaproracing.com holds. It's loads of fun and no worries about getting a ticket.

Ed

A 2000 SS in Jersey
11-07-2005, 12:05 PM
LOL.

On or off, exit ramps, ROCK.

How fast have you ever driven(any car)?

All my previous vehicles were SUVS, a top speed, 103.

My new joy, 123. Had room to go but I got too nervous. AKA - smart?

As for reverting to your youth, i go with "you dont quit playing cuz you get old, you get old cuz you quit playing!

Vrrrrrrrrrrrooom on!

Ahhh...well lets see..............This Car................:)

140 on the Turnpike. No lectures please....... :twisted:

Ran out of room...........traffic that is.

At the drags........13.5 @ 105 in 1/4.

And as our esteemed Admin, If I have not hit 100 at least once. Then I am still in my drive way.............LOL

Yeah Im old........driving 40 years no accidents, except for those people that keep rear ending me.

Have fun....................

A 2000 SS in Jersey
11-07-2005, 12:10 PM

That better not be KPH..........hehehe

A 2000 SS in Jersey
11-07-2005, 12:13 PM
WARNING! Open tracking is addictive.

I've driven on open track days with the Nor-Cal Shleby Club, and also in the HPDE sessions that www.nasaproracing.com holds. It's loads of fun and no worries about getting a ticket.

Ed

Yeah, that would be cool indeed.

Just a matter of time...................

SmaartAasSaabr
11-07-2005, 05:53 PM

That better not be KPH..........hehehe

nope! :lol:

Sometimes I do get bogged down though, stuck at 110-120 km/h, that's no fun.

I actually did go 100km/h on my driveway once... Well, the dirt road at my place in upstate NY... "Whoohoo I'm Erik Carlsson! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Carlsson)" I nearly died :lol:

good times. I should take a picture of where I was, you'd agree at how crazy that stunt was 8)

A 2000 SS in Jersey
11-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Gee..........Eric looks like he may be getting too old to drive fast.........Like Me...........LOL

amazing record though............!

I had a 1975 International Scout, that I loved to take off road and race around. I was in Big Bend Texas on vacation one year. Top of a mountain, well a good size hill..........LOL
Any way, I started down the twisting gravel, dirt road. Such fun, dirt and dust billowing behind me. Gravel and rocks hitting my fenders and undercarriage. I had a couple of straight stretches, got it up to over 90 mph. Tried to hit 100, but kept running out of road, power or guts.......LOL

Such fun......................dirt can be so forgiving and talk about Drifting...........LOL

I would love to have done that more, but the east coast does not lend it self to off roading.:(

Montana, here I come, no speed limit and lots of trails.......yehawwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun

fasthappy
11-09-2005, 09:50 AM
:)

I love this forum. Truly a place where, the need for speed, is understood.

Took Monday aft off, went for a drive with my hottie, top off(LOL, not hers, the cars)beautiful sunny afternoon and in Southern Wisconisn, we have the "driftless areas" where the glacier didnt flow.

Meaning - Steep ravines, hilly, and many, many a S curve sign to be found.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.