PDA

View Full Version : GPS based speedtrap database for US/Canada

blaster
03-01-2005, 07:42 PM
I could not find GPS database of the coordinates for US, so I had made my own. Please check the projectezp.com. I will publish stand alone program to handle this database soon.

marlinspike
03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow cool...now you have me looking for cheap handheld GPS units so that I can help contribute...though I don't have car navigation. Is there any handheld GPS device that could make use of this?
Richard

SmaartAasSaabr
03-01-2005, 08:44 PM
The problem is they are not certain over here. Photo radar is easy to GPS... but speedtraps aren't. For example I know of many speedtraps, but maybe once in 80 times I am there there is no police at all...

I applaud your efforts and this may be very interesting :)

blaster
03-02-2005, 05:29 AM
Wow cool...now you have me looking for cheap handheld GPS units so that I can help contribute...though I don't have car navigation. Is there any handheld GPS device that could make use of this?
Richard

Check mp3car.com GPS forum - I think everage is GPS mouse is ~$70 on ebay. I am not sure, how many POIs handheld can hold. I am working on the software so maybe you can come back a few week later and check for updates.

blaster
03-02-2005, 05:32 AM
The problem is they are not certain over here. Photo radar is easy to GPS... but speedtraps aren't. For example I know of many speedtraps, but maybe once in 80 times I am there there is no police at all...

I applaud your efforts and this may be very interesting :)

I agree, but 10% chance is the good probubility. Besides the database contains mostly laser ans instant-on traps so there is no other way to know about it.

robert
04-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Is the site offline?

Wanted to point you to this program for PocketPC:

http://www.visualgps.net/BeeLineGPS/default.htm

blaster
04-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Is the site offline?

Wanted to point you to this program for PocketPC:

http://www.visualgps.net/BeeLineGPS/default.htm

It looks nice. I will look at it.

robert