PDA

View Full Version : Can I use the V1

kageones
09-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Anybody have any pics or is it even possible to hook up a V1 to a vtx? I belong to a couple of vtx forums but nobody has the knowledge that is possessed on this site. I tried searching but no help, sorry if this is a newb question but just want to see what you guys are doing to mount rds to your bikes.

v1user
09-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I think so. You would need something in your helmet so you could hear it.

kageones
09-04-2009, 02:23 PM
on the v1 site they sell a adapter for headphones, I just wonder how to set it up and where, I guess leos would still shoot at the headlight..

robcollins5
09-13-2009, 02:36 PM
I guess leos would still shoot at the headlight..

What do you mean here? Radar is like a floodlight...you don't shoot "at" anything except the general area of the vehicle. If you're referring to laser, a V1 is not what you need. Why don't you tell us your area/city and what you're trying to protect yourself from before we rush you into any sort of protection that won't actually protect.

For the record, a V1 CAN be mounted on a bike. Also for the record, NO Radar/Laser DETECTOR will protect you from laser. You need to get a jammer. Please see related forum section.

rc

kageones
09-16-2009, 12:07 PM
rc , I am in New Jersey and I have found there is mostly laser, at least on the Turnpike. I never looked into a jammer on my bike, if I am hit with laser..... its ticket time. How hard would it be to hit a moto headlight 9" round? Is it hard at all, I have watched a ton of videos but I haven't seen any tested on a bike. I ride/drive 130 miles round trip on the NJTP daily and haven't encountered anything but laser, I know there is x band still in NJ I just haven't seen it. I do not have a jammer in my car either , I use a rabbit and have had good luck with that and the v1, but realize I am flirting with disaster, on my bike .... there is usually nobody ahead of me.

untrueparadox
09-19-2009, 01:24 PM
u can get a blinder m27 kit with the cheetah bike adapters for about $600 shipped. given your bike headlight is hard to aim at, cops can still get it. they can aim at a car headlight 1000 feet away, i see no reason why they cant hit a bike light 500ft away. and plus, if ur bike has chrome or light colored parts, itll reflect laser just as well. go watch videos on youtube for laser bike shots. they are possible, and if your going fast enough, cops will target you. they would go for cars more though because its easier to pull over a car than a bike.