PDA

View Full Version : Does Veil need to be on angled headlamps?

Swiftdb6
12-04-2005, 11:19 AM
I have a Red C6 Z06 Corvette and I've just ordered Veil and a Blinder. I am planning putting Veil on the parking lights as they are perpendicular to the road. I don't use a front license plate. Since the headlamps on a C6 are at a steep angle, I am wondering if they are even reflective to a laser gun?

Also, If I do apply Veil to the headlights and I don't like the tint, how do I get it off?

Thanks

AirMoore
12-04-2005, 01:18 PM
I have a Red C6 Z06 Corvette and I've just ordered Veil and a Blinder. I am planning putting Veil on the parking lights as they are perpendicular to the road. I don't use a front license plate. Since the headlamps on a C6 are at a steep angle, I am wondering if they are even reflective to a laser gun?

Also, If I do apply Veil to the headlights and I don't like the tint, how do I get it off?

Thanks

You should certainly veil the headlights....if you do not like the results:

http://radardetector.net/Veiled-my-Laser-shield...-DOH%21-5886t.php

Veil Guy
12-05-2005, 07:45 AM
You should absolutely consider using Veil on the headlights angled or not.

The reason? Simple: Even though the headlight surface is angled, it is also transmissive - meaning they don't play a role in reducing reflectivity untreated. Your interior housing (collector) still focuses the beam right back perpendicular to the laser source.

When Veil is on the headlight, since the interior reflection is eliminated then laser will be reflected upwards because of the surface angle.

Veil Guy 8)