PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic SDR-S26 SD + Panavise 809 ?

spike
01-03-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm looking at putting together a system for mobile video and am considering going with the Panasonic SDR-S26 SD Camcorder and a Panavise 809 mount. Has anyone used either one of these items and, if so, how did it work out?

Are you able to easily edit/view the files it produces with standard software (e.g., Windows Media Player/Movie Maker/Virtual Dub) ?

thefreakincarjunkie
01-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Ive used the Panavise mount and am extremely satisfied with the quality of the mount. Unfourtantly I had to switch the video to being upside down because of space issues. It looks like the camera will jump all over the place while recording but its actually not bad at all. Then agian i live in an area with crappy roads...

spike
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
OK, Panavise has been ordered and is on its way. Now I've got to decide on a camera.

One criteria I have is that it continue recording while the viewfinder is closed. Another is that the files it produces can be played/edited easily (I'm thinking AVI file format with MPEG2 or DIVX encoding).

Thanks for any tips.

STiMULi
01-04-2010, 11:09 PM
I love the Panavise 809 but I use the Kodak ZX6

Here is and example of both:

YouTube - Waiting for the blind rabbits

The Kodak ZX8 uses the MOV format and has software to assist in editing and getting it quickly on YOUTUBE.

THE ZX6 was just on sale (there are good differences) The Viewfinder on this camera is always exposed