PDA

View Full Version : Super Speeders Could Pay Super Fines

nosbusa
03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Tennessee Lawmakers are considering a bill that goes after "super speeders," drivers who go more than 20 miles over the posted speed limit.

Super Speeders Could Pay Super Fines - WREG (http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-super-speeders,0,5779737.story)

If they pass this law. I hope they also go after the elected officials who regularly go 20 plus over the PSL driving from "Memphis to Nashville" to get to meetings.

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

route8
03-16-2010, 10:29 PM
So going 46 in 25 makes me a Super Speeder!!!! :eek:

nosbusa
03-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I guess so.

Anything for more money. They mentioned something on the local news about the Memphis Regional Med having money troubles and this would help pay down some of the debt.

Anything for an extra buck. I bet the money gets spent elsewhere if it's in-acted. :rolleyes:

thx1138
03-17-2010, 01:18 PM
For revenue, they should sell a superspeeder pass. Charge a fee, require special licensing with strict physical/mental capabilities, high speed driving classes.

Driver get a pass for 20+ on the Interstates, State gets better drivers and lots of revenue....No costs for enforcement or courts on either side

....back to wishful thinking

partsfreak
03-17-2010, 01:38 PM
For revenue, they should sell a superspeeder pass. Charge a fee, require special licensing with strict physical/mental capabilities, high speed driving classes.

Driver get a pass for 20+ on the Interstates, State gets better drivers and lots of revenue....No costs for enforcement or courts on either side

....back to wishful thinking

That should be done nationally not just for the state. I'm in.;)

erickonphoenix
03-17-2010, 03:39 PM
This is why I like toll roads. You could easily speed class them if you wanted too. I'm all for this intercity tollroad they just killed in Texas. Had a lot of potential.

category4
03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
GA already has a Super Speeder law. I just can't find out if you get a certificate or a plaque for the extra $200 fine!!