PDA

View Full Version : Androids eat Apple. Aliens look for Jobs...

STiMULi
05-11-2010, 01:47 AM
A Wave of Android Smartphones Outsells Apple

Devices that run Google's Android software outsold the iPhone in the first quarter, helping make Verizon Wireless a smartphone powerhouse

A Wave of Android Smartphones Outsells Apple - BusinessWeek (http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2010/tc20100510_027179.htm)
Damned Sinners! :evil::thumb2:

srtga
05-11-2010, 10:11 AM
It's inevitable. The iphone was groundbreaking a few years ago and it's still an awesome product but it's getting a little stale. They also had some GREAT marketing plus a GREAT product.

I suspect that Android is going to split the market up a bit over the next year or so and some other players may slip through while the door is cracked ;)

I'm thinking a webOS tablet may be a winner if HP can get on the marketing ball.

"Hey dude, you're getting a Dell!" That one raked in the $$ :lol:

chris98891
05-12-2010, 12:51 AM
i'm curious how the google/verizon tablet is going to do in the market if android is making such great progress...it seems like google waits until everybody finds gripes and complaints with apple products, then fixes all of them and releases a product

add in the most reliable 3g network with LTE en-route...

Verizon confirms it's working on a tablet with Google (Update: Android!) -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/11/verizon-confirms-its-working-on-a-tablet-with-google/)

SteadySpeedin
05-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Yea my DROID is an iPhone KILLER! Can't beat the keyboard/high res screen/5 MP camera :)

STiMULi
05-13-2010, 12:21 AM
The 2nd app I will load on my new Incredible will be Trapster.

The 1st?

Power (battery) Saver.

The 3rd?

PDANET for tethering

If I have time to play with it I will post a thing or 2 but it is supposed to arrive while I am gone for the day so it depends on when I get back. I promise to have a Trapster/Android review by the end of the weekend.