PDA

View Full Version : Rail crossing from hell.

hiddencam
05-13-2010, 09:15 PM
YouTube - rail.crossing.from.hell.

TRun
05-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I think I just heard the sound of a wheel alignment job $$$$$

mihneagabriel
05-13-2010, 11:33 PM
i hate ALL railroad crossings; since my car is really low.
that crossing would have probably torn something off my car. :mad:

Obsidian
05-14-2010, 12:11 AM
that crossing would have probably torn something off my car. :mad:

X2.

KaPro
05-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Holy sh**!! Are your wheels still true?

NetstarGT
05-14-2010, 07:20 AM
I went over a railroad crossing and one of the metal plates had a sharp edge sticking up that blew my tire. I contacted the headquarters of the railroad and requested a reimbursement for a my tire. They told me to send them a photo of the damaged tire along with a receipt for a replacement tire and they will reimburse me. I received a check in the mail within a couple of weeks. I was surprised that they paid for the damages.

swarga
05-14-2010, 07:31 AM
More like the "****ty camera mount from hell." :p

hiddencam
05-14-2010, 07:32 AM
I've watched that vid a few times and end up laffing my butt off at it. Wasn't funny at the time, but my reaction is classic.

I think I just heard the sound of a wheel alignment job $$$$$haha you may be right.

that crossing would have probably torn something off my car. :mad:I'm sure that any local with lowered suspension doesn't ever take that particular route lol Too bad for any unwitting travelers. Next time I pass thru there I'll stop and shoot some video for a while and see how many ppl have to stop and check for damage.

They look to be. I'm sure the alignment just got a nudge though.

I went over a railroad crossing and one of the metal plates had a sharp edge sticking up that blew my tire. I contacted the headquarters of the railroad and requested a reimbursement for a my tire. They told me to send them a photo of the damaged tire along with a receipt for a replacement tire and they will reimburse me. I received a check in the mail within a couple of weeks. I was surprised that they paid for the damages.
Wow, that's a nice happy ending. Do you recall the town?

hiddencam
05-14-2010, 07:35 AM
More like the "****ty camera mount from hell." :p
LOL. Aye.

radarrob
05-14-2010, 07:53 AM
hopefully no after market rims on the car.

mihneagabriel
05-15-2010, 11:40 PM
truthfully speaking; check all your tires for bubbles, which tend to happen on hard impact. especially if you have low profile tires.

and yes i hate going out of town, thank god for skidplates.

NetstarGT
05-16-2010, 02:48 AM
I've watched that vid a few times and end up laffing my butt off at it. Wasn't funny at the time, but my reaction is classic.

I think I just heard the sound of a wheel alignment job $$$$$haha you may be right.

that crossing would have probably torn something off my car. :mad:I'm sure that any local with lowered suspension doesn't ever take that particular route lol Too bad for any unwitting travelers. Next time I pass thru there I'll stop and shoot some video for a while and see how many ppl have to stop and check for damage.

They look to be. I'm sure the alignment just got a nudge though.

Wow, that's a nice happy ending. Do you recall the town?

Yes, it was on Oak Rd. in Lawrenceville, Ga.