PDA

View Full Version : Really? I mean Really?

Fritter
05-24-2010, 01:02 AM
If you change lanes without signalling and try to occupy the space I am riding in almost putting me into the side of a semi truck then NO, YOU WILL NOT GET A WARNING. DON'T ASK!!!!

Juss saying

F

SpeedUp
05-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Haha I wanna see a video. Get a video cam installed in the front of your bike.

frankbullitt
05-24-2010, 01:37 AM
I had the same thing happen to me. I only wish I could have given her a ticket.

KaPro
05-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Definitely no break and maybe....tased.

QuickCummins
05-24-2010, 08:05 AM
were they on the phone?

stealthfz1
05-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Why were you riding in their blind spot? :)

Fritter
05-24-2010, 11:43 AM
I was right next to her.

F

trailtow
05-24-2010, 12:07 PM
I was right next to her.

F
I found the problem

MadHatter
05-24-2010, 02:52 PM

The only "blind spot" is where the driver isn't looking. This is why our neck turns from side to side, and why we have mirrors.

That said, it's not a good idea to stay in the area next to a vehicle where they can't readily see you if they aren't paying attention, but you do have to pass through that area when moving past them. They're still responsible if they move over without being sure the lane is clear, I believe.

Fritter, your thoughts as a LEO and motorcycle driver?

MH

v1user
05-24-2010, 03:30 PM
If you change lanes without signalling and try to occupy the space I am riding in almost putting me into the side of a semi truck then NO, YOU WILL NOT GET A WARNING. DON'T ASK!!!!

Juss saying

F

:thumb2: Now these are the ************ dirt bags that should be ticketed out of their ***.:rock: People think their turn signal controls are there only for dust collecting. Nice job on this one! Just another female driver.

Can you type out what it says in your avatar?

category4
05-24-2010, 06:15 PM
I wonder how many she ran off the road that weren't LEO's. If she's not noticing a LEO on a motorcycle, she's not noticing anyone.

supercowpowers
05-24-2010, 07:28 PM
I wonder how many she ran off the road that weren't LEO's. If she's not noticing a LEO on a motorcycle, she's not noticing anyone.

You know I was thinking that. How many times does someone drive drunk before they get caught - it's the same idea.

I bet she's one of those people who comment on speed enforcement news stories saying that they fear for the lives of their children and wish that the bloody National Guard would summarily execute any speeder they find in their neighborhood...

Fritter
05-25-2010, 09:33 AM
First line of my signature is what is on my avatar.

F

protias
05-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Did you arrest her for attempted murder on a police officer?

Fritter
05-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Nope.

Unsafe lane change.

F

AcuraTL
05-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Man, I did that the other day. It was 2am and i was making fun of how my friend drove weaving in and out of speed bumps. Little did i know there was a cop behind me.
She gave me a warning tho.:D

AirMoore
05-26-2010, 09:44 AM
First line of my signature is what is on my avatar.

F

So you have no problem with individuals speeding provided they used cruise-control to do so then correct? :cool:

LULZ.... I keed!

On topic: I certainly think this is not the first or last time this lady has done this, and furthermore: I'm glad you are safe and that you ticketed her on this... She could have hurt or killed you or someone else in her tunnel-vision stupor... maybe if her pocketbook was $250 lighter every-time she did this, she may focus more. :cool:

The Chariot
05-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Actually, why not ask for a warning? If you're going to get a ticket, it doesn't hurt to ask nicely for a warning. Being female, I'm not sure that's the reason for this, I've been off more on a motorcycle by maniac zipper-style (you know, back and forth in rush hour) male lane changers than females with their heads in the clouds. Doesn't matter why they hit you if in the end you're dead either way.

Fritter
05-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Actually, why not ask for a warning? If you're going to get a ticket, it doesn't hurt to ask nicely for a warning. Being female, I'm not sure that's the reason for this, I've been off more on a motorcycle by maniac zipper-style (you know, back and forth in rush hour) male lane changers than females with their heads in the clouds. Doesn't matter why they hit you if in the end you're dead either way.

You can always ask.........:haha:

F

ELVATO
05-26-2010, 09:37 PM
I was right next to her.

F
I found the problem

I LOLed. :lol:

Lucky225
05-29-2010, 10:32 PM

Juss saying

F

BAHAHHAHAHA I did this in the middle of an intersection to a bike cop once, I felt like a complete d1ck. It was not intentional though, it was about 3 in the morning, no cars on the street and I did not notice the motorcycle because it was so small. Luckily the cop never filed the ticket, I was ready to plead guilty and man up, but the court wouldn't let me because the cop hadn't filed the citation, they date/time stamped my citation and told me he has a year, but it must have blown away or something cus it never got to the court.

Ω MiNATi Ω
05-29-2010, 11:04 PM

didnt you post a few months ago bout how you like to ride in the blind spot of people, and shoot your radar to see if they have countermeasures? i like my fritters fluffy not flat....good ol cup of maxwell house wouldnt hurt neither.
-stay safe

supercowpowers
05-30-2010, 05:47 AM

Juss saying

F

BAHAHHAHAHA I did this in the middle of an intersection to a bike cop once, I felt like a complete d1ck. It was not intentional though, it was about 3 in the morning, no cars on the street and I did not notice the motorcycle because it was so small. Luckily the cop never filed the ticket, I was ready to plead guilty and man up, but the court wouldn't let me because the cop hadn't filed the citation, they date/time stamped my citation and told me he has a year, but it must have blown away or something cus it never got to the court.

3 in the morning is definitely one of those times you don't want to change lanes in an intersection. Between that and drivers failing to turn into the closest available lane on the street they're turning onto, I think the police could pull over just about anyone they want to and go fishing.

category4
05-30-2010, 06:16 AM

Juss saying

F

3 in the morning is definitely one of those times you don't want to change lanes in an intersection. Between that and drivers failing to turn into the closest available lane on the street they're turning onto, I think the police could pull over just about anyone they want to and go fishing.

Agreed, the only people out at 3 AM are cops and drunks. The cops are looking for any reason to check and see if you fall into the latter group.

Lucky225
05-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Agreed, the only people out at 3 AM are cops and drunks. The cops are looking for any reason to check and see if you fall into the latter group.

Right, I didn't see either, I figured no one was there, the street was empty, except for the bike cop in my blind spot. Not something I'll ever do again.

BmW745On19's
06-02-2010, 06:11 PM
This is what happens to me sometime, except im the woman and Fritter is instead some guy who has been next to me for miles and when I need to change lanes, he's still in my blind spot. Luckily I turn my head and look before proceeding with a lane change or my 6000 pound truck would have surely crushed any idiot dumb enough to ride next to me for countless miles.

smashedpumpkins
06-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Ah, if there's one thing I can't stand it's people that don't use their blinker... I don't care if it's 3 in the morning and there's not a soul in sight. If you're not using it, you won't use it during the day.

Now I've almost been stupid myself when it comes to my blind spot, but I've always caught it before actually switching lanes. In fact most people will catch it if it's another vehicle. However, I also ride a Ninja. When ridding a motorycle you need to ride defensively. NEVER, ride in someones blind spot. It's very easy to over look a bike. IMO riding in someones blind spot is your own ignorant fault.

supercowpowers
06-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Adjust your outside mirrors so what they see just barely overlaps with the image in the rearview mirror. No more "blind spots".

For some reason most people use half the outside mirrors to see the side of the car. The side of the car never hit you or got in your way...

dmoney1988
06-13-2010, 09:26 AM
I learned this from an online topic and adjusted my mirrors like this for over 3 years now. I do not get it either why people want to see the side of their car in their side view mirrors. Sadly they did not teach you how to adjust your mirrors when i took drivers ed 7 years ago

JCM
06-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Adjust your outside mirrors so what they see just barely overlaps with the image in the rearview mirror. No more "blind spots".

For some reason most people use half the outside mirrors to see the side of the car. The side of the car never hit you or got in your way...

eh, I like to see the back half of my truck for backing up or tight maneuvers, fortunately my mirrors are huge and I can see the side of my truck and pretty much eliminate my blind spots.

I agree though, as is the case on most cars, if you have small mirrors, there is really no need to be looking at the side of your car.

I know in the BMW when you place the car in reverse it tilts the mirrors down where you are looking at the ground. I HATE this because I would rather see the car or mailbox I'm gonna back into, rather then the line I'm gonna cross or small curb. Ok rant over.

supercowpowers
06-14-2010, 06:14 PM

eh, I like to see the back half of my truck for backing up or tight maneuvers, fortunately my mirrors are huge and I can see the side of my truck and pretty much eliminate my blind spots.

I agree though, as is the case on most cars, if you have small mirrors, there is really no need to be looking at the side of your car.

I know in the BMW when you place the car in reverse it tilts the mirrors down where you are looking at the ground. I HATE this because I would rather see the car or mailbox I'm gonna back into, rather then the line I'm gonna cross or small curb. Ok rant over.

Whatever works. In both of my cars if I lean I can see the side in the mirror. Driving on the street has way higher risks than parking and I spend a lot more time doing it so that's the compromise I make.

However, it seems like every time I get in someone else's car, literally half the mirror is filled with a pretty view of the doors. That can't be explained by the driver being a different size because I'm just talking about the horizontal alignment. I could understand maybe an inch or so for reference but that's just silly and I would imagine is the source of many "I didn't even see 'em!"-type accidents.

It sounds like BMW is on the right track, but what they need is customizable mirror positions that can be easily switched just like memory seats. That would help with both parking and multiple-driver cars.

JCM
06-14-2010, 07:34 PM
[quote=JCM;731818][quote=supercowpowers;730763]

Whatever works. In both of my cars if I lean I can see the side in the mirror. Driving on the street has way higher risks than parking and I spend a lot more time doing it so that's the compromise I make.

However, it seems like every time I get in someone else's car, literally half the mirror is filled with a pretty view of the doors. That can't be explained by the driver being a different size because I'm just talking about the horizontal alignment. I could understand maybe an inch or so for reference but that's just silly and I would imagine is the source of many "I didn't even see 'em!"-type accidents.

It sounds like BMW is on the right track, but what they need is customizable mirror positions that can be easily switched just like memory seats. That would help with both parking and multiple-driver cars.

I'm pretty sure they do. I don't really fool with all the high tech stuff, I'm pretty sure its even customizable to the key fob, meaning it recognizes a certain key fob and sets the car up a certain way when that fob is used. I just let go through all the adjustments then move the stuff to where I want it :D.

And I agree that could be a major source for "I didn't even see 'em" accidents, however I think a greater source of those accidents is "I didn't even see 'em because I was distracted, not looking, have no situational awareness, etc..." :rolleyes:

nist7
06-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Haha I wanna see a video. Get a video cam installed in the front of your bike.

If it's a motorcycle then it's even more likely. Drivers these days can barely muster enough brain cells together to change lanes without crushing the car next to them, let along a smaller visual target like a motorcycle which are practically invisible to most drivers.

Being a future rider one of the most education and scary things I've been learning is that when you are riding assume you are completely invisible to your fellow drivers because most of the time, you are.