PDA

View Full Version : finally got lasered with my veil & lasershield

Dilip
01-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Tonight i finally got lasered after installing my lasershield on my plate together with veil on my lights. I previouisly had veil on lights and veil on plate.

My v1 alerted for approx 4-5 seconds. I estimate that when the V1 stopped alerting, i was around 400-500 feet.

Considering my car is yellow, what do u think of the range? They use LTI Ultralytes.

Do u think he got punch through immediately? Or maybe he needed at least 3-4 seconds to get my reading?

crazyVOLVOrob
01-14-2006, 01:07 PM
With VEIL and LaserShield he needed to shoot you for a bit longer then with out that stuff

holein1
01-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Nice! Sounds like the veil did what it was supposed to do!!

SmaartAasSaabr
01-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Question : Were you speeding?

I know my Sensoro will keep going for ~3 seconds after getting touched with laser...

sethy
01-14-2006, 02:11 PM
LTI ultralytes are pretty much an instant reading. The fact he was hitting you for 4-5 seconds, veil and the lasershield was def doing their job.

Veil Guy
01-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Sounds like it.

The V1 basically stops alerting immediately when the laser signal is removed.

4-5 seconds is not bad considering you were less than 500 feet with a yellow car. Goes to show that shape is probably the most important factor for stealth, just like radar.

Good to hear they worked for you and that they didn't suspect something was up.

Now try that with a jammer! :wink:

Veil Guy 8)

Dilip
01-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Hello,

I was not speeding because i knew there was a laser trap there. In HK there's a nice phone number u can dial and ther'es an automatic machine that announces where all the current speed traps are, updated on 30 mins basis, pretty cool yea? :lol:

He shot me for approx 4 seconds. I was going 70-73 km/h when the limit was 70 km/h. By the time the V1 stopped alerting, i estimate i was around 500 feet away from him.

I am considering a jammer also, since recently in HK the police have been doing lasers at more closer range. But my wallet forbids me to do so right now.

Road Warrior
01-15-2006, 08:47 AM
In HK there's a nice phone number u can dial and ther'es an automatic machine that announces where all the current speed traps are, updated on 30 mins basis, pretty cool yea? :lol:

What kind of FAIRYLAND you live in :roll: 8) ... lucky bastard :lol:
And on a serious note, is that phone number a government phone #, or a private one, is there a Radio or TV station involved in all this?... just curious only... and also very :o
Enjoy the Sunday (already late night in HK?)

Dilip
01-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey there!

Yes, just got back from a Sunday night out with friends, playing snooker then went for a drive around an island. Encountered one multanova with loads of warning on the V1.

This phone number, it's run by some private company, it was only up about a year ago, no tv station is involved.

However, on the radio stations in hong Kong, every 30 or 60 minutes in the day time, from 7am till 8 pm, they have traffic reports, and at the end of the traffic report they also list the current speed trap locations! How good yeah? I dont know how the police allow them to do that! Even the government run stations report it also, but since it's updated 30 mins, information in it could be up to 45 mins behind, so sometimes it's still possible to run into speed traps that u don't know about, and that's where V1, Veil & lasershield come in handy :lol:

It only lists where the "active" speed traps are, i.e. the temporary ones with cops controlling it. It does not list where the fixed photo-radar multanova boxes are, so you must have a detector for those, otherwise u have to slow down for eveyr single photo box that u see. In HK, there are over 100 photo boxes, but at one given time only 10-15 are active, they just swap the locations every few days. Even red light cameras are thes ame thing, there are over 100 boxes, but only 20 are active.

Dilip
01-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Today i got lasered TWICE on a different location. Both times i got lasered for approx 5 seconds.

1st time: V1 alerted for 2 seconds, coz there was a truck in front and parallel to me, then V1 alerted for 4 seconds (targeting me). It kept alerting until i was around 400-500 feet of the officer. LTI Ultralite.

2nd time: again similar situation, V1 alerted for 3 seconds, then it stopped, then alerted again for 5 seconds then it stopped. This time i was further away and so it kept alerting until i wass around 500 feet.

I was not speeding both times since i knew the speed trap was there.

Veil Guy
01-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Impressive performance with Veil. Sounds like punch through is just around 500 feet (150 metres) - not bad for a yellow vehicle against a Gen III LTI!

Are you getting hit on HKI or the Kowloon area?

Veil Guy 8)

Dilip
01-16-2006, 08:17 AM
It was in the kowloon area. In the last 2 days i got hit 3 times with laser, quite cool eh? HK island has much fewer speed traps since the island is small and there isn't that much chance to speed.

However.....now i got busted for having the lasershield, so I dont know what to do. I'll need to remove it soon. I can't get a jammer, coz now i know cops in HK know about them as the offficer looked underneath the car at the precise locations where a jammer would likely be instsalled.

Yes, i'm very imprsesed with veil's performance when combined with the lasershield and a V1. In 2 out of 3 instances, i got advanced scatter warning from the v1. Then for them to keep lasering me with an Ultralyte for 4 or 5 seconds at that range is quite good.

Just imagine if i was much further away, i.e. 1,000 or even 1,500 feet, they would have been lasering for 10-15 seconds!!!

Veil Guy
01-16-2006, 08:56 AM
As it was suggested, perhaps you can acquire a replica plate that looks identical to the standard issue save for the retro-reflective material.

Veil'ing that would likely do the job, if you and when you decide that the continued usage of the lasershield is not practical.

I am thrilled at your levels of performance with Veil...I think its the best I have heard with a yellow vehicle especially against the LTI. That is a tough gun to beat.

What exactly is the make, model, and year of your auto? It looks like a Mazda from your ornament.

Veil Guy 8)

Dilip
01-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi!

My car is a 2003 Mazda 6, 2.3 litre with the aero parts from factory installed.

The v1 alerting for 4 or 5 seconds, do u think that really means that for the first 3 seconds he failed to get a reading? Usually do targeting officers only target a vehicle for 1 or 2 seconds?

Acquiring a non-reflective plate is possible, however I think veiling that would be quite noticeable. I guess I could try and see how it works.

In the meantime i'm keeping the lasershield on. I belive there's no alternative but to get a jammer such as the new "drive smart" system. That device has an additional function to jamming, it can be used as a parking sensor and it can also be used to give you the distance from the car ahead while driving. That way even if i'm caught with it, I can say to the police that it is just a parking and distance sensor. But it's very very pricey.

I may need to buy a new can of Veil soon. If the transport department asks me to send my car in for inspection, I must remove the veil and lasershield before doing so.

sethy
01-16-2006, 11:24 AM
you COULD a blinder, there is a link on here somewhere selling a device that actually retracts the blinder upward. So if you did get stopped, they would be lifted behind the front of your car, and unless he gets down on his back and looks, he wont see them.

Update: found the link... Blinder stealth kit (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stealth-install-kit-for-Blinder-m-20-laser-detector-m20_W0QQitemZ5849339933QQcategoryZ14935QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Veil Guy
01-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Dilip,

You should be able to get about 10 treatments out of one container of Veil.

If it ever becomes an issue [with inspection] its certainly easy enough to quickly remove [and later re-apply]. That's why we packaged it in the form we did. :lol:

Veil Guy 8)

nvr2fast
01-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah dude if u ever want to re-apply come around... i got like an extra 2 cans unopened, plus i think the can we were using before still has some :lol:

Mackid343
01-16-2006, 02:54 PM
you never got pulled over for that veiled plate, but you get pulled over for a lasershield :shock: . i would think i'd be the other way around... sorry to hear that....if i were you, i'd get the blinder and the stealth kit when you can. that looks pretty sweet. or get a vehicle bra....but i know you hate the look of those it might save your butt more than you think tho :).

does anyone think that the M ornament would be giving a lot of reflection?

Dilip
01-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks for your suggestions.

I can't use that blinder kit. The cop knows where to look, he put his head under my car to look up for any jamming devices on both sides.

I'm really scared now what to do over the next month or two, whether to keep the shield or not........ Both are necessary for effective protection. You need veil and a lasershield for my situation, just one or the other is not enough.

I'm looking into that Drive Smart thing, someone mentioned it has secondary purposes for parking sensors and distance sensing, so that can be used as an excuse. It also has a programmable jamming time.

Veil Guy
01-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Dillip,

Honestly, I don't know if I would count on that.

Assuming they are using the LTI (or any other gun that reports active jamming attempts) they'll know if they are actively being jammed by the error code that appears on the display screen.

If you get pulled over and they find the "parking sensor", I suspect that would not deter them in associating the device with a jammer.

Veil Guy 8)

nvr2fast
01-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Well Drive Smart says they have some kind of "Pulse Link" software that will minimize/eliminate error codes on the guns.

And yes, they are testing specifically against the LTI guns.

Personally I think the "range finder" distance to car in front of the DS defender2 is more convincing than the "parking sensor" of the AL6.

TeamQuack
01-23-2006, 08:06 PM
i would keep the laser sheild on cause you didn't really get busted as you still have it on and can take it off and put it back on easily.

and u dont have to worry about a jammer for now at least , use a cell phone and dial that "nice" phone number you got until u can get something stealth.

quandary
01-25-2006, 12:40 PM
If shape is the biggest factor, we all need to change the shape of our cars to the shape of the Stealth fighter.

Veil Guy
01-25-2006, 01:06 PM
I'd go for the F-22A (http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123013789).

That would certainly cut down on the office commute time!

Dilip
01-26-2006, 10:34 AM
tonight while i went for "a drive 8) " with NVR2FAST, we encountered a K band radar, i was in front, my v1 alerted then his X50 alerted 1 or 2 seconds after. Then later we also encountered a multanova, mine alerted first and his about 2 or 3 seconds after.

Then.....on another road, cars up ahead was flashing their headlights, and it was a popular laser spot, so i kept wihin the limit.

I got lasered from approx 800 feet, again down to 500 feet. My v1 beeped 3 times! 2 seconds...........2 seconds..........3 seconds. :lol:

Unfortunately Nvr2fast was right behind me, his X50 mounted high failed to alert when i was targetted. But he did have a piece of tissue in the middle of his front sensor to prevent rattling temporarily.....

p.s. The mazda 6, is really no match for an EVO 9! :cry:

Dilip
04-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Nvr2fast has finally veiled his evo 9. He did a really good job, he didnt use the brush that came with it, he used something else. No streaks and it looks smooth. and his HID xenons don't look that bad.

He didnt use veil on his license plate though, he used some other method which i'll leave him to explain.

S4
06-26-2006, 02:09 PM
However, on the radio stations in hong Kong, every 30 or 60 minutes in the day time, from 7am till 8 pm, they have traffic reports, and at the end of the traffic report they also list the current speed trap locations! How good yeah? I dont know how the police allow them to do that! Even the government run stations report it also, but since it's updated 30 mins, information in it could be up to 45 mins behind, so sometimes it's still possible to run into speed traps that u don't know about, and that's where V1, Veil & lasershield come in handy :lol:

They do the same stuff in some European countries too. Its actually pretty smart because by saying that they have a speed trap, people start driving slower, and since you dont know for how long the trap is up, people drive slow all day. That means that one "crew" of LEO's can slow down traffic 4-5 different places by just moving around. The effect is what they want, and that is for people to go slower. When they want your money... Thats when they DONT tell you about it.

Levi
07-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Dilip

Where do you have your radar detector mounted? I have Escrt 8500 and have mine right under the tint strip, pick up radar great but have not tried the laser or dont know ive been laserer yet!

Dilip
07-10-2006, 03:50 AM
my v1 was mounted high just near the rear view mirror.

My x50 before was mounted low. I dont think a X50 can pick up laser very well if you mount it high.

Public Enemy No 1
07-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Do you or nvr have any spare Veil?

:D

JohnnyHK
02-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Hi,

Could someone post the HK telephone number that tells you where the speed traps are? Also is it in English or Cantomnese?

Cheers chaps

JHK

Dilip
02-21-2007, 10:26 PM

JohnnyHK
02-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks again Dilip - now to brush up my Cantonese! :D

See you on the road I hope!

JKH

Dilip
02-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately i don't have a car anymore :(

Veil Guy
02-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Dilip,

:cry: What happened to your vehicle???

Thankfully, at least, your subway system is awesome.

Veil Guy 8)

Dilip
02-22-2007, 09:59 AM
i sold it due to financial difficulties......... but hopefully will get another car next year! :lol:

Veil Guy
02-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear that...Hope things improve quickly for you. I know Hong Kong, aint a cheap place to live.

Well, if you and when you do, I'll arrange for a some new VEIL, compliments of the house, just drop me a PM when the time comes!

Even though you did well [with VEIL and the V1] with your Yellow Mazda6, next time go for a darker car! :wink:

All the best to you. 8)

Dilip
02-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh wow thats very very kind of you!!!

Yes i did do very well with the veil in the yellow mazda and the V1.

REst assured my next car will certainly be a dark colour, either blue or black. And hopefully "sporty shaped".