PDA

View Full Version : Applying Inside the headlight glass

quandary
01-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried to install on the inside of the headlight glass instead of the outside? Most newer cars now have an access through the back for replacing the bulb. There seems to be enough room there to take a bruch and move it around. Theoretically this would mean that it would only need to be applied once.

SmaartAasSaabr
01-19-2006, 09:02 PM
There is more heat inside the glass, also the vast majority of glass headlamps have some raised "ribbing" on them...

brick
01-20-2006, 05:29 AM
And there's no telling what Veil will do once its in there. Outside the glass it's perfectly safe. Inside I worry about it a) never drying properly and b) emitting vapor at elevated temps that could attack the reflector. It's a remote chance but it would be an expensive mistake to make.

quandary
01-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks guys.

ATS666
01-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Once I get veil I plan to coat the inside of the glass. I have spare headlights so I have nothing to lose.

I will be buying veil and the lazer shield and the new STI at the same time. Hopefully Roy will get a shipment soon.

crazyVOLVOrob
01-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Once I get veil I plan to coat the inside of the glass. I have spare headlights so I have nothing to lose.

I will be buying veil and the lazer shield and the new STI at the same time. Hopefully Roy will get a shipment soon.VEIL is ment for exterior use only so just keep it on the exterior of the lights

quandary
02-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Keep us posted to let us know how the it goes.