PDA

View Full Version : 100mph+ and No Conviction!!

johno_57
11-17-2010, 06:07 AM
News today from Western Australia.

This will bring a smile to your dial!! :)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/17/3069317.htm?section=justin

Maybe the LEOs have a case to have their pursuit cars replaced with Lambos or Ferraris!!

AcuraTL
11-17-2010, 07:02 AM
How can a police car not catch a car going 100?
Good news, but I would have killed my mechanic if he drove my car like that!

Akosikojak
11-17-2010, 11:28 AM

Does make you wonder, hell even my truck can make 160 KPH. LOL>>>;

qwsoftware
11-17-2010, 11:43 AM
This is a surprising result - in Western Australia usually anything to do with speeding (few kph over the limit) and you are guilty until proven innocent!

rocky2
11-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Good news, but I would have killed my mechanic if he drove my car like that!

And got it impounded for thirty days !!! They would have to take me to jail if I showed up at the garage to pick my car up and I found out the mechanic got it impounded.

johno_57
11-18-2010, 07:34 AM
One of the reasons for me posting this thread was to highlight the different outcomes one can expect from of our "so called" justice system referred to by our good friend QWSOFTWARE . Most law abiding drivers who may inadvertently (or otherwise), exceed the PSL by a few KMs/hr are hit with a fine and/or loss of points, which may or may not result in them losing their drivers' license and perhaps an extreme outcome may be losing their job.
This mechanic takes his case to court and is not only aquitted of any charges against him but has court costs awarded in his favour. What a mockery of the traffic laws and the justice system in Western Australia. If only we could all afford Lamborghinis!! (or good lawyers)