PDA

View Full Version : Better then Veil?

Quinc
02-18-2006, 02:41 PM
vinyl headlight covers that still let the light shine threw.

http://www.tricktape.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=175

spankyaf
02-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Probably better than doing nothing but Veil would do a better job of reducing the infared light back to the gun.

In my jurisdiction its illegal to tint your headlights as well.

Quinc
02-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Could you guys test out the diffrence between tinted headlights and veil, along with your new testing?

cr500
08-07-2006, 03:45 AM
This trick tape has given me an idea. I might look into some sort of cover to go over my headlight which looks like a head light but is just a copy over vinyl. Either that or this tape in white to make it look normal from a distance. Then "Veil" it underneath to be sure. I,m hoping this should make the front of a bike nearly lazer proof.
What is next to treat on a bike to make it lazer proof?

spankyaf
08-10-2006, 10:00 AM
You cant make it laser proof.... the treatments reduce the light refelcted as if the surface was black. The returns on other stuff declines quickly. But I would try and hide any chrome and of course the rear plate.

Get in the 500 ft range and you're done.

Checkout the Ventura light guard depending on the bike it can cover the nose portion between the headlights.

Hornhonker
11-06-2006, 03:16 PM
I have something like this on order to protect my headlight and thought of putting Veil on it. Given my bike is all white it may be a waste of time. :(

Quinc
02-23-2007, 09:57 AM
did you get it? does it look good? also do your headlights still work well with it on?

RadarRick
02-23-2007, 02:44 PM
did you get it? does it look good? also do your headlights still work well with it on?

Yes, share. We want to know the drum :)
RR

spankyaf
02-23-2007, 04:52 PM
The advantage of the Ventura guard is its attached by velcro so you can pull it off at nite

thestaton
03-18-2007, 02:12 PM
just an FYI. find a way to stealth your head, or your helmet. that's the easiest way to pick a biker off. trying to aim at a headlight is very difficult. especially when your traveling around 70 MPH.

spankyaf
03-18-2007, 03:25 PM
I've chatted with 2 Leos who shoot laser and they've never gone for the helmet.... center mass above the front wheel

thestaton
03-19-2007, 08:21 PM
well don't tell them this little secret, cause there job is going to get a lot easier.

spankyaf
03-20-2007, 05:20 AM
Yeah now I wish I didnt ask :wink:

Omega1300
03-24-2007, 05:15 AM
One would think they wouldn't get a read since a headlight is probably easier and more accurate to focus on as opposed to a helmet which is being jostled around by the wind and only so reflective. Makes me wonder though as the reason for my other post if iridium face shields on a full face helmet make you more vulnerable to laser?

A open face helmet rider with sunglasses I don't think has anything to worry about. Full face brightly colored helmet with a reflective shield though...i'm not sure.

noshoes
03-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Does any 1 know what veil would do 2 a helmet/shield????????? Thanks noshoes
:roll: :roll: :roll:

spankyaf
03-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Make a mess... there's no way you want to be looking thorugh that stuff it would compromise your safety. The helmet shot is a bit of red herring IMHO.. Of course if you have a Veil treatment on the headlights like I do the Leo might change targets.

ar5000
04-28-2007, 05:44 PM
If you read the manufacturer's website, I says that it's not possible to perfectly evenly apply it w/o some brush strokes showing up. Translation, it will probably optically warp your view from inside your helmet to some degree. That could be very dangerous. My thoughts as far as reducing your LIDAR cross section on a helmet would be to wear one that is a flat black color, and if given the opportunity, tilt your head upwards if getting clocked to increase the incident angle of the IR laser light and minimizing it's reflection from your helmet. This quick and dirty illustration may lend credibility to my theory, however untested it is: http://www.networkabilene.com/oldsite/helmet_bounce.jpg