PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Covers Veiled!

happya$$
02-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Guys RacerX bought clear headlight covers and Veiled both sides of them and with no jammer on his punchthroughs are about 500'. On my smoked headlight covers that are Veiled on both sides and my veiled headlights my punchthroughs with nothing on are about 100'. I will test this out this April again. I cant believe that Veiled headlight covers stealth his truck out that much :shock:

TeamQuack
02-19-2006, 12:29 PM
im heading to the poconos and putting on my first batch today. i hope it goes well im nervous!

happya$$ i been meaning to ask you, what kind of honda emblem do you have in the front of your car? it doesn't look chrome, did u veil it or buy a non-chormatic one? looked black from the veil guy video...i want one of those!

It is easy tear apart the one that you have and you will have one just like mine :lol:

brick
02-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Nice. I ordered a set of clear covers last week so that I can do the same thing. My only concern is that I'm not going to be able to turn the Veil off once I'm at the speed limit! :lol:

Racerx or Happya$$: Was there a front license plate on the truck? If so, what are you using on it?

nvr2fast
02-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Is there anything that can be put on metal or plastic to make it dull? I thought of sandblasting or using steel wool, but surely there is something better?

happya$$
02-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Guys RacerX bought clear headlight covers and Veiled both sides of them and with no jammer on his punchthroughs are about 500'. On my smoked headlight covers that are Veiled on both sides and my veiled headlights my punchthroughs with nothing on are about 100'. I will test this out this April again. I cant believe that Veiled headlight covers stealth his truck out that much :shock: My point in all this is that looking at our numbers from back in July of 05 adding Veiled headlight covers further stealths a vehicle. For the budget minded nothing is better than headlight covers ($50) and a can of Veil ($90). $140 gets you great LIDAR/Laser protection! Just look at my Civic. Veiled headlights along with Veiled headlight covers are the best hidden secret in the LIDAR jammer industry

crazyVOLVOrob
02-19-2006, 05:26 PM
you better hope RacerX doesn't find smoked headlight covers for his Truck and veils them....he might be even closer to your vehicle numbers with out a jammer

RacerX
02-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Guys RacerX bought clear headlight covers and Veiled both sides of them and with no jammer on his punchthroughs are about 500'. On my smoked headlight covers that are Veiled on both sides and my veiled headlights my punchthroughs with nothing on are about 100'. I will test this out this April again. I cant believe that Veiled headlight covers stealth his truck out that much
8)
That's right, i'm stealth without any jammers. :wink:

i'll work on pics, but the Veil on both sides make them look like smoked covers, and the light output still seems good.
i'm home for the night, but tomorrow night when i'm driving i'll give a better answer on the light output, since i just got them the other day.

brick,
no front plate here. :)

My point in all this is that looking at our numbers from back in July of 05 adding Veiled headlight covers further stealths a vehicle. For the budget minded nothing is better than headlight covers ($50) and a can of Veil ($90). $140 gets you great LIDAR/Laser protection! Just look at my Civic. Veiled headlights along with Veiled headlight covers are the best hidden secret in the LIDAR jammer industry
you got that right! that's definately one thing we agree on.
No jamming codes and time to slow down. 8)

you better hope RacerX doesn't find smoked headlight covers for his Truck and veils them....he might be even closer to your vehicle numbers with out a jammer
yeah i was considering the smoked, but happy said his were so dark after Veil, the headlights didn't shine too well. with the clears Veiled i can leave them on without having to remove them at night.

And of course i've got other stuff up my sleeve, so i'm not done yet. 8) :D

It's about to be "hammer time" on happya$$, because "he can't touch this!"

Dilip
02-19-2006, 09:06 PM
wow, happyA$$! With 100 feet punch throughs, u really never have to get a jammer! That's amazing.

What exactly are headlight covers???

nvr2fast
02-19-2006, 09:37 PM
wow, happyA$$! With 100 feet punch throughs, u really never have to get a jammer! That's amazing.

What exactly are headlight covers???

They are plastic shields that go in front of your headlights, usually contoured to match the curves of your existing lights, to prevent stone chips and stuff (my Evo9 already has one stone chip on the light from following you haha :lol: )

But it'll be very dark to install tinted covers and then Veil that as well... if you thought your lights were dim try that!

spankyaf
02-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Can you post a link? I've been looking for clear covers with no luck.

brick
02-20-2006, 10:50 AM
I ordered mine online from Pep Boys.

eviltwin67
02-21-2006, 08:24 AM
This is for GTS brand http://www.gtstyling.com/vehicle_products.cfm?product=Headlight%20Covers&Group=Headlight%5Fcovers

Clandestine
02-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey guys, I asked this a long time ago but there was not a relevant reply, I would like to know whether you think it would be ok for me to veil the lights on my car, behind the default plastic transparent headlight cover (shield). The lights' lens inside the plastic are made of glass and probably veil would be more durable plus it wouldn't get off and I think it would still be in function. What do you think? I've attached a link so that you could see what I mean..

http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050427/pic.php?id=02

brick
02-21-2006, 01:06 PM
re: applying veil to the inside of the headlight, it might work in that application if you can get the cover completely off the vehicle and keep it off for 24-48 hours while the Veil dries completely. I tend to advise against this, though, as there is no telling what Veil does at elevated temperatures (due to headlights). If it outgasses and attacks the reflectors, you could wind up ruining them. I also wouldn't do this without a coat outside of the shiny, clear plastic as well just in case it is capable of producing a point reflection.

Clandestine
02-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Good points, brick, thanks. I was also thinking of applying veil on the inner side of plastic cover but as you said, the temperature might be too high inside the headlight.... I guess I'll just have to apply it traditionally. :lol:

TeamQuack
02-21-2006, 03:35 PM
i think he was saying if you veil, behind, the headlight covers (wont get damaged as easily so can last longer), not behind the headlight lens.

Mackid343
02-21-2006, 04:15 PM
happya$$, do you have veil on your headlights and covers now? or just the covers?

happya$$
02-21-2006, 04:37 PM
happya$$, do you have veil on your headlights and covers now? or just the covers?

I have Veil on both. I have a heavy coat on my headlights, a heavy coat on the inside and my headlight covers, and a heavy coat on the outside of the headlight covers

Mackid343
02-21-2006, 04:38 PM

I have Veil on both. I have a heavy coat on my headlights, a heavy coat on the inside and my headlight covers, and a heavy coat on the outside of the headlight covers

hows the light output? i like the idea

happya$$
02-21-2006, 05:01 PM

hows the light output? i like the idea

Light output is only good enough that you will not get pulled over. As far as able to see anything FORGET IT

RacerX
02-21-2006, 07:20 PM
that's with the smoked covers right, or did you get the clears yet?

here's some pics:
headlights are Veiled (so are fogs) CLEAR covers, Veiled both sides.

first two, left side has Veiled cover, right side doesn't.
they seem pretty close, but you will see some light output loss on the next two.
http://donspc.com/Forum/veilcover1.jpg

http://donspc.com/Forum/veilcover2.jpg

here you can see more of a difference.

this pic, NO covers on:

http://donspc.com/Forum/nocovers.jpg

this pic, WITH covers on:

http://donspc.com/Forum/covers.jpg

depending on how it is driving around at night, i may opt for a slightly brighter bulb, but not HID's.

happya$$
02-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Yeah Donnie that is with my smoked headlight covers. I have not received my clear ones yet

RacerX
02-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Okay Stevie. :lol:

Mackid343
02-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Light output is only good enough that you will not get pulled over. As far as able to see anything FORGET IT

i guess its the price you pay to be stealth :wink: :wink: :D :D

happya$$
02-22-2006, 04:44 AM

Maybe I should call you Donna because you WILL be my b!tch after the test :lol:

quandary
02-22-2006, 09:13 AM
So... theoretically you only need to Veil the inside of the cover. This will provide a maintenance-free solution.

RacerX
02-23-2006, 03:42 PM

Maybe I should call you Donna because you WILL be my b!tch after the test :lol:

Since this place is PG, i'll leave that alone so this thread doesn't end up in the Back Alley, but it think you have it backwards, you'll be MINE. :lol:

Well the covers do cut down quite a bit of the headlights. with high beams they aren't even quite as bright as what the lows use to be.

i'm still keeping the covers on, but i'm going to opt for a bit brighter bulb, to bring things up a bit.

as an option, you could just Veil the inside, leaving the clear outside, if you wanted.

RacerX
02-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Hold off on that last.
i was doing some more testing today with my latest setup. i've got some more testing to do, to see if there is any difference between Veiling both sides of the covers, as opposed to a heavy coat on one side.

SilveradoSS
10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Okay now, Just give me a simple response. At anytime has anyone used dark covers uncoated, with uncoated headlights? If so did they perform similar to coated, better worse? I cant belive it that the laser light would make it thru the dark cover to hit the refective surface of the light behind it. If the light doesnt make it thru the cover what would be the purpose of coating the actual light.

SilveradoSS
10-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Is a response being ignored? I understand Roy's site sponsers this forum. And it would look bad for VEil if all you needed to get comperable results was to buy smoked headlight covers. Not trying to start anything just looking for a honest anwser.

Bri4404
10-25-2006, 03:45 PM
I think you can assume no one has done it. :lol:

Arashi666
10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Okay now, Just give me a simple response. At anytime has anyone used dark covers uncoated, with uncoated headlights? If so did they perform similar to coated, better worse? I cant belive it that the laser light would make it thru the dark cover to hit the refective surface of the light behind it. If the light doesnt make it thru the cover what would be the purpose of coating the actual light.

its something in the VEIL that rejects IR, dark covers are just pieces of plastic that are there to protect the HL from damage, not IR Lasers