PDA

View Full Version : Photo Stopper spray?

TheGame
02-23-2006, 03:46 PM
I drive through Paradise Valley frequently and unfortunately the Protector and Super Protector do not work there because they have their cameras set up so it's looking almost directly at your plate without enough angle for the covers to be effective.

Does the Super Protector spray on Radar Roy's site work? Has anyone used it? I'm looking for a "quick fix" since I ordered a new car that will be here in about 3 months, at that time I'll install a VF2 but I don't want to go to the trouble on this car since I'm getting rid of it soon. Thanks!

Radar Roy
02-24-2006, 07:45 AM
The spray is only 60% effective.

We have been testing the VF2 the past several weeks on the 101 and it seems to be working 100%!

amoney
02-24-2006, 11:12 AM
I can't resist but ask how do you test for that, risking a ticket? Do you make mad runs and wait and see if anything coems in the mail. :lol:

tjbender
03-01-2006, 12:57 PM
I can't resist but ask how do you test for that, risking a ticket? Do you make mad runs and wait and see if anything coems in the mail. :lol:

There was a monthlong "test period" on the 101 where warnings were sent instead of expensive tickets. If Roy wasn't getting them in the mail, then presumably the VF was doing its job.

TheGame
03-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Nice! In that case I'll be extra careful for now, then put the VF2 on the new car when it comes in.

LS2
03-09-2006, 01:14 AM
I drive through Paradise Valley frequently and unfortunately the Protector and Super Protector do not work there because they have their cameras set up so it's looking almost directly at your plate without enough angle for the covers to be effective.

Does the Super Protector spray on Radar Roy's site work? Has anyone used it? I'm looking for a "quick fix" since I ordered a new car that will be here in about 3 months, at that time I'll install a VF2 but I don't want to go to the trouble on this car since I'm getting rid of it soon. Thanks!
If those plates are SpectureGuard from TelestarOne in Hermossa, Florida you got ripped because those products don't work and will get you a ticket real fast as they cover your plate from behind.

LS2
06-30-2006, 01:12 AM

I'm beginning to believe there is no way to stop these cameras and so far these license plate covers are just gimmicks. :roll: :x

LS2
06-30-2006, 01:14 AM
The spray is only 60% effective.

We have been testing the VF2 the past several weeks on the 101 and it seems to be working 100%!
So which anti-photo plates work and won't attract any attention but appear to be a regular license plate? :?:

nvr2fast
06-30-2006, 06:47 AM
They are all visible, you need something that doesn't cover the plate at ALL like the VF2.

I've checked out ALL the plates I've been able to find on the net, they all hide the plate at an angle, which becomes obvious to a cop circling your car.

LS2
06-30-2006, 10:22 AM
[quote="nvr2fast"]They are all visible, you need something that doesn't cover the plate at ALL like the VF2.

I've checked out ALL the plates I've been able to find on the net, they all hide the plate at an angle, which becomes obvious to a cop circling your car.[/quote

This is not good because then it is more obvious to everyone so you will definitely get stopped for obstruction of the license plate. It defeats the whole purpose in fact it increases your chances of getting more frequent contacts with law enforcement and violations than you would with a camera. :roll: ]

holein1
06-30-2006, 12:12 PM
From what I've seen the spray really does nothing!

nvr2fast
06-30-2006, 01:56 PM
[quote=nvr2fast]They are all visible, you need something that doesn't cover the plate at ALL like the VF2.

I've checked out ALL the plates I've been able to find on the net, they all hide the plate at an angle, which becomes obvious to a cop circling your car.[/quote

This is not good because then it is more obvious to everyone so you will definitely get stopped for obstruction of the license plate. It defeats the whole purpose in fact it increases your chances of getting more frequent contacts with law enforcement and violations than you would with a camera. :roll: ]

Thats right... Dilip right here on this forum got to have his WHOLE CAR inspected because he had just a Laser Shield on his front plate! Imagine if he had the rear super protector on... he might have had his car confiscated or something!