PDA

View Full Version : boomerman questions??????

bfg9000d
03-07-2006, 02:48 PM
I notice you have a whistler 1773 and a pro 58.

Couple of questions did you buy the 1773 first then the pro 58???

What made you decide to up and buy a whistler in the first place???

Are you planning on getting and XTR unit???

I know you are the mod of this forum. I just wanted to know more about your whistler background.

boomerman
03-08-2006, 06:12 AM
I notice you have a whistler 1773 and a pro 58.

Couple of questions did you buy the 1773 first then the pro 58???

What made you decide to up and buy a whistler in the first place???

Are you planning on getting and XTR unit???

I know you are the mod of this forum. I just wanted to know more about your whistler background.

I had the Pro 58 before I got the 1773.
The 1773 was actually given to me from a member here on the forum because the speaker did not work and he bought another unit.

Yes I plan on getting the XTR 425 and possibly the XTR 520
I bought the Whistler because I wanted to focus on the lower end units becasue I know not everybody can afford the $300 and up detectors.

I was impressed with Whistler and their customer service and model selections and I had seen Roy's review of the PRO series and that is why I bought the Whistler.

bfg9000d
03-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks for answering my questions.

Atleast you didnt turn into V1 zombie :D

yeap Whistler holds a strong product. If anything can be said about whistler they make some of the slickest looking radar detectors.

What got my attention with whistler was I was traveling with a friend a long time ago. We took a long road trip together. From getting hit with laser to radar during the trip. I was simply amazed out how well whistler performed. We were screaming down interstates more then 90 mph. And never got a ticket. I decided to up and buy a whistler 1770 which is the same he had. Then naturally when the pro series came out I decided to buy a pro 73. After buying my first whistler I never look back. Nor did I ever look at any other detector. I was perfectly happy with whistler and even today I still am. I guess the only reason why I bought a V1 was because my dad con me into getting one he agreed to pay half. So I figured what the heck. I have made a custom carrying case for both the v1 and pro 73. I find myself using the pro 73 allot in the city and the V1 on road trips. City modes on whistler tend to be pretty darn good. City 1 mode is what I leave mine on most of the time. but anyway thats my background on whistler.

venexoz
03-14-2006, 02:37 PM
This has nothing to do with the question before, but the tittle says boomerman questions????? so that is what I was looking for. Do you know if automatic doors such as Publix's and Best Buy use K or Ka band, because everytime I pass by those places my PRO 58 goes insane like a cop is killing it.

Lidar2
03-14-2006, 05:19 PM
This has nothing to do with the question before, but the tittle says boomerman questions????? so that is what I was looking for. Do you know if automatic doors such as Publix's and Best Buy use K or Ka band, because everytime I pass by those places my PRO 58 goes insane like a cop is killing it.

Let me try to to help you a bit bro the majority of door openers today are K band with a few X band ones........sumtimes u may see ur radar detector display Ka at sum door openers when no cop is in sight has to do with harmonic falsing ...i guess someone who has more knowledge wit harmonic falsing can finish the rest of my statement :?