PDA

View Full Version : auto mode for x50

pemarsh
04-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Does putting the x50 in auto mode possible decrease the sensitivity and range to real police radar?
I understand the falses will be less, but will you also pay the price in real alerts?

sethy
04-06-2005, 12:35 PM
I live next to a town that uses X, autosensitivity may cut back on your range by 2 or 3 seconds, but almost eliminate all false alerts. Very worth it if you are in the city!

pemarsh
04-06-2005, 01:29 PM
im 80% freeway...just wondering if auto will cut into my k and ka range/sensitivity

sethy
04-06-2005, 02:12 PM
I actually just had an encounter on the way home about 15 minutes ago. Automode game me about a 10 second warning around a turn on X band. I was impressed, it saved me from a ticket for 20 over.

I do not believe automode really does anything with K or KA band. I have sit outside an automatic door and listen to the thing go about half way up the meter, when I switch to highway mode, it doesnt move. Even when im far enough away where the signal cuts in and out, highway mode does the same thing.

compu44
04-06-2005, 11:36 PM
At least with the RX65 auto mode, the issue isn't so much reducing sensitivity as it is introducing a small delay. Bel told me that auto mode can introduce up to a one second delay, which under some circumstances, (instant-on), could be the difference between a ticket or not.