PDA

View Full Version : RX65 experience

fastnsafe
04-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Hi, I am new to this forum. :D :D :D
I have been driving in the Chicagoland area for over a year and I’ve been really lucky all that time not to get caught for speeding, because I usually go 20-30 over, whatever the limit is. 8)

Until two weeks ago when a cop from the Kildeer police got me. :( Fortunately, he clocked me at 61 after I had slowed down from 85 in a 45mph speed limit.

I was really angry I didn’t see him a bit earlier. I decided to do smth about it and searched the net. I found Radar Roy’s Radarbusters.com and I immediately ordered the RX65.

From my 2 week experience with it, I can just say it works great for me.
Most of my driving is on the highway, 30 miles to work and 30 back, so I don’t really get X band alerts from Automatic doors. Usually the RD warns me early enough to slow down, before I even see the cop.

Lately I noticed cops got pretty tricky. :?
I was driving on I-90 and got a short Ka alert, so I slowed down and I was wondering where the cop was. I thought he was somewhere behind me and the waves got reflected or maybe in the opposite direction. After 2-3 miles suddenly I got POP from behind and the cop was driving like crazy (at least 100mph) in the leftmost lane. He was keeping his radar off and just POPed to check if I was speeding. I’ve seen them 3 or more times (since I got the RD) just driving with radar OFF and POPing someone.

Anyway, it’s still nice most of them drive with constant-on K or Ka.

:?: A week ago I got Ku band, like 5 on the 9 scale, then I saw a police car, but still I can’t be sure where it came from, might be false.

The other tricky thing I don’t really like is unmarked police cars. Mostly Ford Crown Victoria.

:!: :!: :!: Some info for the Illinois drivers: Here in Chicago and surroundings I’ve seen with my eyes:
Chevy: black Camaro, white Impala, blue Cavalier and blue Monte Carlo.

All of them were with the Illinois regular license plates and TINTed windows. I’d say pretty well tinted, you won’t even recognize the POLICE uniform inside.

A few times I witnessed speedtraps on I-355. :evil: White unmarked Ford CV standing perpendicular with a cop shooting laser and 4 police cars waiting.

And something funny. Once I saw a cop sleeping in his patrol car with his legs on the dashboard, hahahaha. Other times they read newspapers, do paperwork or enjoy delicious doughnuts. :D :D :D
Anyone else with interesting RX65 experience???

JTW
04-08-2005, 06:36 AM
Fastnsafe, thanks for mentioning the undercovers that don't have the exempt plates and whate not. You are talking about the "agressive driving tast force", a program that is sharred by many departments thoughout the 50 states. These units are completely unmarked with no lights, no spot light, no push bar, no exempt plate ect. Here in washington state the ADTF(agressive drivingt task force) drive white volvo's, BMW's, WRX's, camaros, blazers, TAXI CABS and suburbans. The only way to tell if one of these vehicles is an ADTF vehicle is if the windows have a limo tint on the drivers side window. After awhile the departments will switch out the cars with another department, so the civilians won't get used to seeing the same ADTF vehicle in an area.

If you want to read more about this go to
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/adat27.shtml

Pop radar can not be operated while the officers vehicle is moving. You are more then likely getting instant on readings.

The FCC has not approved the use of KU radar guns by police. This was most likely a false alarm.

On another note I rarely pass judgement,but driving 25 to 30 over the speed limit is so dangerous. Older and younger drivers don't look up at their rear view mirror that often and someone might change lanes right into you because just a few seconds ago you weren't there. Also, anything 15 MPH and over could possibly get you a wrecklace driving ticket, depending on the states traffic laws. You could get your license suspended. Be careful.

Chris

For more information on the AGTF go to http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/adat27.shtml

Ghost
04-08-2005, 08:29 AM
BMWs, seriously? :shock: Good to know that my tax dollars are going to good use. :evil:

Driving 20-30mph over the limit can indeed be dangerous. Though a lot of it depends on driving conditions (how many other cars are on the road, weather, etc.), how alert of a driver you are, and how good your reaction time is. That said... doing 85 in a 45? Risky, my man. I hope the road was empty of other cars.

carlito
04-08-2005, 09:16 AM
if i was to speed that fast here i would be caught even if i had a valentine one or any other radar detector!. be safe cause cops use instant-on radar and its bad ass! :lol:

fastnsafe
04-08-2005, 10:58 AM
White volvo's, BMW's, WRX's, camaros, blazers, TAXI CABS and suburbans!!!!!!

You must have some real hard time driving over there!!! :roll: :roll:

Yeah, that night I was the only car on the road.
Hey, thanks for the link JammerTests Webmaster!

When I drive 20-30 over I am really being careful, I mean if there are a few more cars on the road, I don't do it.

SAFETY is FIRST! I wouldn't risk my life or anybody else's life! 8)

Actually, with the rx65 now, I see myself driving with the speed limit most of the time, cause when it alerts me, I know there's a cop nearby. :D