PDA

View Full Version : Question!!!!! PRO 58

venexoz
04-09-2006, 04:44 PM
I was driving today and my RD went off in Ka but then it stayed in Ka C making sounds ramdomly like if didn't received any signal but then it did but then it didn't (kind of like on and off) but the RD would always show Ka C for about 2-3 min, no numbers like it normally does. I have it in City 2, no mute or auto-mute. Is there anything wrong with it.

asianfire
04-09-2006, 06:57 PM
I am sorry, but what the hell is Ka C band?

amoney
04-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Well if the RD displays "c" for city mode like a Cobra does, maybe it was just caught between a weak Ka that was lingering and the detector was displaying both. Again this is if the RD ca dispay a "c". If it does not, then give it up to an anomily, it seems that RD today have more and more little issues that occur.

boomerman
04-10-2006, 03:56 AM
The "c" is city mode.
I have had my PRO58 do the same thing, it will show a ka alert but no signal, and continue for a couple of minutes and then finally go back to normal.
What I found out was there was a car behind me with a cheap radar detector and it must have detected it.
I kept slowing down because I thought maybe there was a LEO sneaking up behind me and it finallly gave me an alert with a signal of 1 when the car that had the detector finally passed me.
I would not worry about it to much unless it continues to do it on a regular basis.
If it does then I would send it back to Whistler.

venexoz
04-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the answers. :D

venexoz
04-10-2006, 04:50 PM
It happened again, first it went Ka P (POP) then Ka C about 4-5 times, then exiting the highway it went off with Ka P. You think that it is not working properly??? Or that it was getting the scatter from other cars, when cops were using POP???

amoney
04-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Just a querk. The big deal is that it is not frozen up and silent when there is a new signal.

asianfire
04-10-2006, 08:09 PM
"C" for City, who would ever thought that.......dang I feel like a real dumba$$