Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iceroad

Default problem with my STI DRIVER !! Anyone notice the same ?

Hello. I use my sti driver to travel on long roads. I noticed it did't pick any K and KA band signal after two houres of driving or more. To verify my doubt, i asked to a police officer, my brother in law, to mae the test for me. He conneted my STI during 2.5 houres in is own car, than did the test with is own KA band patrol car radar. the sti did't pick the band. So, i called Beltronics Canada and they told me they was surprise of it. But, they said they certainly can fix the problem, probably my the new firmware(software).My unit was bought two month ago from an authorized dealer, but the serial are 1507. Let me know if you experienced something similar.

Radar Fanatic

If YOU are a COP playing the innocent strategy, just to let you know that I have never had a problem getting ALL REAL K, Ka and LASER alerts, city AND open road, no idea about X band as it's not just thing in my area... and so far no other STI heavy user has reported issues like yours... saying that, who ever YOU are (and BTW, where do you live?), it might be very well a bad unit and you need to exchange it right away...

What radar unit, name and freq, your "brother in law" is using? if I'm not asking for too much!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RW'07
    If YOU are a COP playing the innocent strategy, just to let you know that I have never had a problem getting ALL REAL K, Ka and LASER alerts, city AND open road, no idea about X band as it's not just thing in my area... and so far no other STI heavy user has reported issues like yours... saying that, who ever YOU are (and BTW, where do you live?), it might be very well a bad unit and you need to exchange it right away...

What radar unit, name and freq, your "brother in law" is using? if I'm not asking for too much!
    It is probobly MPH 33.8 GHZ Ka? Or has his firmware version fixed that yet?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ovencleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by RW'07

It is probobly MPH 33.8 GHZ Ka? Or has his firmware version fixed that yet?
    He (or she) is the one to tell us about the characteristics of his/hers "brother in law" radar unit... and WHERE? My STI does not have that 33.8 "bug" fix and I have been able to detect ALL Toronto Police cruisers (equipped with MPH units AND, of course, their units turned on), also OPP does NOT use MPH units and not even any other radar unit that runs Ka freq!!!

But again, we have to know what police radar unit his/her STI was tested against :wink:

iceroad

Absolutly not a cop! About the radar he used i dont know. I just know in my area there's only KA band radar. No k and no x, no laser, and only one pop .I am not sure if its the new 33.8 because i never turned my display to MeterTech. But i dont think so. Yes, i feel this unit have a serious problem too,this is why i am sendig it to beltronics west Chester. About your question, as you can conclude, i am in a restricted area.This is the reason why i got a sti to replace my sr7

iceroad

I just asked to a friend using sti too setting on Tech sometime and say no 33.8 in our quebec area

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by iceroad
    Absolutly not a cop! About the radar he used i dont know. I just know in my area there's only KA band radar. No k and no x, no laser, and only one pop .I am not sure if its the new 33.8 because i never turned my display to MeterTech. But i dont think so. Yes, i feel this unit have a serious problem too,this is why i am sendig it to beltronics west Chester. About your question, as you can conclude, i am in a restricted area.This is the reason why i got a sti to replace my sr7
    WHAT AREA, FOR GOD SAKES!!!

And what's the big deal asking your "brother in law" about his radar unit!!! At home I have a TV set and... here you go, it's a SANYO :!: :roll:

iceroad

No, i did't get the new software, but th unit is on the way to Beltronics and said they will fix it.

iceroad

The police radar used was a stalker model. Dont ask me more, i reapet you i am not an officer. I will ask him when i will have a chance. But about my area, sorry will never said its 1000 $ to be pulled with RD unit here. I just tryed to see if someone else noticed the same problem. We always use it to travel many houres road, and a friend of mine experienced something similar wih a 2006 model. Mine is a15/07

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by iceroad
    The police radar used was a stalker model. Dont ask me more, i reapet you i am not an officer. I will ask him when i will have a chance. But about my area, sorry will never said its 1000 $ to be pulled with RD unit here. I just tryed to see if someone else noticed the same problem. We always use it to travel many houres road, and a friend of mine experienced something similar wih a 2006 model. Mine is a15/07
    Nice try, Insp Clouseau... the answer is NO :wink: