Well, technically the real authorized dealers must follow MAP (minimum advertising price) policy and cannot sell any cheaper. Beware when you buy on eBay.
There's a Canadian authorized dealer though. Google KMPH. :rolleyes:
Printable View
Well, technically the real authorized dealers must follow MAP (minimum advertising price) policy and cannot sell any cheaper. Beware when you buy on eBay.
There's a Canadian authorized dealer though. Google KMPH. :rolleyes:
Don't buy it off ebay, it isn't worth the hassle and exchange rate is such right now that the price isn't going to be worth the trade off of getting a) refurb b) third party refurb c) broken d) unauthorized retailer e) dinged at customs.
Buy it from kmph, they usually put it on sale every now and again and they're flawless to deal with.
Second off, with respect to customs, I work for Canada Post and I can tell you that they've [CBSA] gotten exceptionally anal about customs fees. No word of a lie, the other day I saw a lady with a parcel valued at 20~ bucks get dinged for a $1.54~ GST and then $5 for the brokerage fee. It was so preposterous, I couldn't believe it. That instance isn't the only one either. It used to be that you'd get off free with stuff up to and around the 80-100 mark all of the time. Well, not anymore. EVERYTHING has customs on it now, it's complete bull****. So either you devalue the item and take the chance on not getting lost or you fully value it and pay tax on what might be a refurb with no warranty.
eBay ain't worth it.
I can tell you I have sold on ebay and have never had a customer have a problem with warranty or customs so all the horror stories are not real.Maybe some but not all!! You just have to be carefull and do your research about the seller!!!
depend of the seller. on e.bay. just ask questions and verify.:rolleyes:
i did buy from a seller that was an authorized dealer (he have a car acc. store in the US):)
i did not have problem at the customs.no fees....... no tax!!!!!!!! i ask the seller to put ' warranty return' on the box.:rolleyes:
and he send me my invoice in a seperate enveloppe. (for my warranty). :)
just have to think that way JUST IN CASE........:confused:
you got e-mail to you MEM-TEK!!!!!!!!!!:):)
cya:D:D
I tryed ordering from beltronics but they don't ship to canada....but they ware quick to offer me other solutions (shipping to a hotel accross the border, different province...etc.)
I ended up getting it from radar busters.
With all the taxes and averything, my STI driver ended up around $800 (the price of couple of my recent tickets:eek:.)