I own an older V1 (needing updates), 9500ix and have tested (and returned) the Max. For most commuting I prefer a detector with a GPS in order to filter out repetitive false alarms. Though on an open road, I like to V1 for all its features and since I have not likely driven there, many of the false alarms are yet to be programmed - so they false anyway.

I am a fan of the 9500ix, I like the simple display over the MAX, and in my simple testing it did as well, it is smaller and not as busy. And considered it a great value (past tense). I stumbled on the Beltronics Pro 500, and via a quick internet search nabbed it for $320 with free shipping. That is almost half price of the Max2! Now, yes, I know that for $80 more I could have bought another 9500ix with the Auto Learn feature. But I have that feature disabled on my ix anyway. I like to decide what false alarm to filter out. So, the 9500ix, with AutoLearn will make its way to my girlfriend's car over the weekend and I will happily use the new 500 in my commuter.

Next step though, will involve adding a Blinder or similar.

Tomasz