Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default LI Testing review

Well I finally had a chance to test my setup, thanks to forum members DJrams80, and RacerX. Both of these guys went out of there way to help out by providing the laser guns and testing expertise.

For those that haven't seen my setup, it is in this thread: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...-complete.html

In short the LI's are phenomenal jammers. The front was JTG against all guns, and only the Stalker could get consistent PT on the rear. The PLII got a couple PTís on the outside corners of my taillights, but was JFG with rear CM shots. We tested with PLII, PLIII, Laser Atlanta, 20-20, and the Stalker gun.

The 'OL Heap has lived up to the name I gave it, "Grey Ghost".

Power User

Default Re: LI Testing review

Great to hear. Did you run the ZR4 with it? or was it LI only?

Founder of Stealthvation

great wannabe's that helped you nice setup
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    Great to hear. Did you run the ZR4 with it? or was it LI only?

Mostly just the LI's without the ZR4's on. I did test the ZR4 against the 20-20 by itself, and it was JTG on the front. No other real testing with those, as they are just sort of there because they came along with the 9500ci. I run them in receive mode and hopefully the LI's never have a problem to where I will have to rely on the shifters for any kind of real protection on this car.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by The Breeze View Post
    Mostly just the LI's without the ZR4's on. I did test the ZR4 against the 20-20 by itself, and it was JTG on the front. No other real testing with those, as they are just sort of there because they came along with the 9500ci. I run them in receive mode and hopefully the LI's never have a problem to where I will have to rely on the shifters for any kind of real protection on this car.
    That's my thought... I don't like the idea of running 2 diff jammers at the same time...

Yoda of Radar

Just to add a little here, The Breeze and I tested the TruSpeed and the PLII.

The LIs JTFGd both guns, no problem. This is the only results that really matter, since he nornally runs the ZR4s in "receive only" mode.

We did some runs against just the ZR4s, to see how reliable a backup system they would be. The ZR4s did very well against the TruSpeed, alot better than I thought they would. I think they were JTG on every run and JFG on most of the runs, and this is without Veil. At short distances, sometimes I could tag the outer edge of the tail lights, without the ZR4s detecting it, but that's to be expected. The PLII is a different story. I was able to get PT at like 600ft or so. then it pretty much PT'd from there on in. The back of the car PT'd like there was no jammer against the PLII.

We also did a few runs with both running. The front was JTG on every run. The back was JTG against the TruSpeed. But the interesting thing was that I got a rogue PT at 600+ ft on the rear of the car, with both jammers running. I'd say that this supports the "crosstalk theory" that some of us have been trying to figure out around here lately.

Overall, the setup is tight. The LIs will no doubt protect him on a day to day basis.

Also, that car is beautiful! The Challenger is a sweet ride!

Speed Demon

Sounds like good testing, guys.

When you say 20-20, you mean the TruSpeed, not the LR-B, right?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by M6D View Post
    Sounds like good testing, guys.

When you say 20-20, you mean the TruSpeed, not the LR-B, right?
    You are correct....I am referring to the TruSpeed 20-20. I couldnít remember what it was called exactly, but I did remember 20-20. I made it a point to write down what the other guns were and how I tested with them instead of relying on memory. Gettin old ya know!!.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    Just to add a little here, The Breeze and I tested the TruSpeed and the PLII.

The LIs JTFGd both guns, no problem. This is the only results that really matter, since he nornally runs the ZR4s in "receive only" mode.

We did some runs against just the ZR4s, to see how reliable a backup system they would be. The ZR4s did very well against the TruSpeed, alot better than I thought they would. I think they were JTG on every run and JFG on most of the runs, and this is without Veil. At short distances, sometimes I could tag the outer edge of the tail lights, without the ZR4s detecting it, but that's to be expected. The PLII is a different story. I was able to get PT at like 600ft or so. then it pretty much PT'd from there on in. The back of the car PT'd like there was no jammer against the PLII.

We also did a few runs with both running. The front was JTG on every run. The back was JTG against the TruSpeed. But the interesting thing was that I got a rogue PT at 600+ ft on the rear of the car, with both jammers running. I'd say that this supports the "crosstalk theory" that some of us have been trying to figure out around here lately.

Overall, the setup is tight. The LIs will no doubt protect him on a day to day basis.

Also, that car is beautiful! The Challenger is a sweet ride!
    Same I was saying over and over, you run two jammers at the same time, no matter what you'd always get crosstalk even if you don't notice it.

Good Citizen

Question Re: LI Testing review

Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    you run two jammers at the same time, no matter what you'd always get crosstalk even if you don't notice it.
    Is that just a gut feeling, or do you have actual testing to document that? I was always told that only the older Blinders caused crosstalk.