Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jason Reynolds looking for feedback on an iPhone radar detector project.

Hello there

I am working on a iPhone project and am looking for feedback.

We are developing a radar detector that plugs into your iPhone. The app automatically places a pin where your detector goes off and notifies everyone around you.

I welcome your feedback.
    Thank You!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Jason Reynolds looking for feedback on an iPhone radar detector project.

That's interesting... The notification idea is smart! I'd just worry about falses and dropping a pin, since radar can be detected over long range.

Also, it'd be great to get alerts in real time by one user with the antenna notifying other users through a map application!

Like for example, if a user passes a speed trap, an urgent alert will be on the map until another user (or two) passes by and doesn't receive the threat. Then it'd be a stored location (for a possible speed trap), but not an urgent alert. Kinda like trapster, but in real time for radar alerts.

That looks like a clever invention... Does it use the iPhone's gps as well (to store and prevent falses)? Cause you wouldn't want it to alert to falses...

What RD antenna are u using?

Excellent idea, though! I've never seen a radar antenna attached to an iPhone. But with iOS, sooooo much development is possible.
    Last edited by Weeth; 12-06-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Speed Demon

Default Re: Jason Reynolds looking for feedback on an iPhone radar detector project.

from the looks of those cords it looks like a cobra???

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.

Experienced

Could use a V1 to pinpoint where the trap is using the arrows. That way the detector may alert 5 miles out, but the pin wouldn't be placed until reaching the trap.

Yoda of Radar

Can you choose different coloured pins to show whether it's a CVS, a Rite-Aid, or a Walgreens?

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by mfcool45 View Post
    And with those LEDs, it looks like a cobra display (something like this one): http://images.hayneedle.com/mgen/dig...pg&h=400&w=400

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mfcool45 View Post
    Yeah, he's probably not ready to tear apart a brand new V1 for his experiment lol.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Can you choose different coloured pins to show whether it's a CVS, a Rite-Aid, or a Walgreens?
    LMAO

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by twistedream13 View Post
    Hello there

I am working on a iPhone project and am looking for feedback.

We are developing a radar detector that plugs into your iPhone. The app automatically places a pin where your detector goes off and notifies everyone around you.

I welcome your feedback.
    Thank You!
    You are late to the party.

www.radaractive.com