Default New here - but I have 2 V1s +++++ and a new speeding ticket

Hi I've had 2 V1s, got the first one ~10 years ago, the 2nd 4 years ago, both are permanently mounted with the rear-view mirror mount, and I installed remote mute buttons on each.

The reason I joined is that last week I got pulled over for 81 in a 70 on the highway. I popped up over a roll in the freeway (I-15 in SLC, UT) and there was a motorcycle cop I'd guess ~2500' shooting laser.

Traffic was pretty heavy, and there was ~50-75- between the cars I was coming up on, and he probably jumped on his bike to pursue me when I was at 1000'.

He wrote me up for 5 over, and a $120 bill arrived 2 days later.

My understanding is that laser isn't very accurate beyond 1000', and he was well over 1500', if not 2000+ when he got me.

Fight or pay?

Default Re: New here - but I have 2 V1s +++++ and a new speeding ticket

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMan View Post
    Hi I've had 2 V1s, got the first one ~10 years ago, the 2nd 4 years ago, both are permanently mounted with the rear-view mirror mount, and I installed remote mute buttons on each.

The reason I joined is that last week I got pulled over for 81 in a 70 on the highway. I popped up over a roll in the freeway (I-15 in SLC, UT) and there was a motorcycle cop I'd guess ~2500' shooting laser.

Traffic was pretty heavy, and there was ~50-75- between the cars I was coming up on, and he probably jumped on his bike to pursue me when I was at 1000'.

He wrote me up for 5 over, and a $120 bill arrived 2 days later.

My understanding is that laser isn't very accurate beyond 1000', and he was well over 1500', if not 2000+ when he got me.

Fight or pay?
    What distance does ticket say he got you at?? SC of New Jersey says greater than 1000 feet not valid......Fight!