Newcomer

Default Mounting Advice for jetta 2012

Not sure where to mount my new system. I was thinking in the grill not sure on which level. Also I have a third unit. I was going to run two in the front and one in the rear.Would it be ok to attach it to the license plate holder or is that frowned on.

0.jpeg

Default Re: Mounting Advice for jetta 2012

Hi Dillon,

See recommended installation PICS below.

The third sensor should be mounted in the lower grill near the License plate.

Your order ships tomorrow!

Welcome to the Laser Interceptor Family!

Cliff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 12-23-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Newcomer

Hey thanks Cliff,
    Just two quick questions. Would you recommend using the built in speaker in the cpu or adding a speaker that comes with the package I ordered? Also do you think there are any settings a new person should change out of the box for and ideal set up or is everything pretty much ready to go. I read there is a parking mode that comes on for 30 seconds and shuts off, I take that there isn't an advantage to shutting it off. This might be a stupid question but when you get a hit with laser should you turn the system off to reset it after the hit or just keep driving and it will reset itself? Sorry for all the questions.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Town View Post
    Hey thanks Cliff,
    Just two quick questions. Would you recommend using the built in speaker in the cpu or adding a speaker that comes with the package I ordered? Also do you think there are any settings a new person should change out of the box for and ideal set up or is everything pretty much ready to go. I read there is a parking mode that comes on for 30 seconds and shuts off, I take that there isn't an advantage to shutting it off. This might be a stupid question but when you get a hit with laser should you turn the system off to reset it after the hit or just keep driving and it will reset itself? Sorry for all the questions.

You got the best for sure!! I cant answer the first because I dont have one yet but I will very soon--right Cliff lol
    Anyway the RULE is you NEVER jam to gun, when you get hit with Lidar you first want to get down to PSL Asap of course, and soon as you do you Cut the L.I's OFF so then he will get a reading on you and he wont be wondering why he Didn't get a reading on you and make him very curious. So Alert--PSL--Shut off!! then turn them back on for next encounter.

Get with someone on the forum that has Lidar gun so you can test your set up too--never think you are perfect and invisible just because you installed them, need to test setup and make sure you are all aligned and good to go!
    Last edited by Holla; 12-24-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Newcomer

Have will receive a tester that comes with the set I bought do you think this is adequate to test or I should find a real gun. I have tried asking about anyone having a gun in Iowa but have seem to not found anyone yet. Also im looking for an installer in iowa that would do a great job. Is pay between 300-400 pretty expensive for a professional install? Thanks for you help Holla. Holla you ever watch Alaska State Troopers on NETGEO? Pretty interesting show never knew that Alaska could have so many

Advanced Member

The tester is better than nothing although some would argue even that. You need to test with real guns preferably what is used in your area

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Town View Post
    Have will receive a tester that comes with the set I bought do you think this is adequate to test or I should find a real gun. I have tried asking about anyone having a gun in Iowa but have seem to not found anyone yet. Also im looking for an installer in iowa that would do a great job. Is pay between 300-400 pretty expensive for a professional install? Thanks for you help Holla. Holla you ever watch Alaska State Troopers on NETGEO? Pretty interesting show never knew that Alaska could have so many
    MK6 Jettas and Golfs/GTIs are very easy to work on. I'd say 2-4 hours for a dual front head install. The rear of the car could add anywhere from 2-3 more hours depending on car and installer skillset. You should be weary of "professional installs" because the great majority of those guys have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!