Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Longsnowsm

Default I musta screwed up

Well my can of Veil showed up and I decided it was time to play. So I attempted to apply veil to the headlight of my motorcycle and my little work car(wanted to see what it was going to look like and see how hard it was to apply before putting it on the family SUV). Well I musta screwed up... I followed the instructions, shake well, wait 5 minutes, then apply thin coat. Well that sponge applicator holds more Veil than I intended to apply and it did run. Both vehicles I applied the Veil to look like I have smoked lense covers or something. Did I just put this stuff on too thick or what? I only applied one coat. I will get to test the headlights in my car tonight as I go home from work... Fingers crossed that it didn't cut down the amount of light too much to be a problem.

Take care, drive safe,
    Longsnowsm

Manufacturer

Longsnowsm,

Welcome to the forum.

You are definately correct about the foam applicators, they can and do hold a good amount of VEIL.

If you can post a PIC of your application, we would be more certain.

At any rate, its pretty normal to see a visible tint in certain headlight systems. Provided that your light output hasn't been adversely effected, you'll probably be fine.

Veil Guy 8)

PS: Sethy is the resident expert on proper Veil application, perhaps he has something to offer here...
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Founder of Stealthvation

No my headlights look like this also. I personally like the smoked look. The Veil will not cut down on your light output.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member

\\/Picture of VEIL on my passenger headlight(light on the left)\\/

I have yet to notice a different in the light output (with or without VEIL), and if anything the lights seem brighter 8)

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Longsnowsm

Well the night time test went OK. I did notice a reduction in light output, but visibility is still acceptable. My application is pretty dark. I will take some pics of this on my days off next week. My application looks like a dark tint almost. Everyone is right it is very hard to apply without streaking. I think I will practice a little more on the tail lights on my beater mobile car before touching my truck. I need to get better at this before I go messing with something more valueable/visible. I still have my wife's car to experiment on as well. So I still have a few more opportunities to get better at this.

I pulled the bike out and took it to work this morning. The Veil really cuts down on the visibility of the bike(much harder to see my headlight in the daytime with the Veil applied). Which isn't really a good thing on a motorcycle, but I will try it and see how many times I nearly get run over before I decide to keep or remove the Veil. I will test the light output tonight on my ride home from work. I think the light output will be much more critical to me on the bike as the lighting system is marginal at best to begin with. So as long as the light output is good I will test it more on the bike.

I think this product would be very nice if it was like adhesive/peel-off strips that you just applied that way, and or a spray on type of application. This product really adds to my peace of mind after seeing the video's on this site. I like the independent testing done here without financial interests getting in the way... Just good old fashioned fun.

Longsnowsm

Founder of Stealthvation

Yeah Longsnowsm you said the key "I like the independent testing done here without financial interests getting in the way... Just good old fashioned fun". That is what the 7/16 test is going to be ALL ABOUT, pure unskewed results. We will let our numbers do the talking and recommending! Just remember who is the man that allowed this to happen and that is the one and only Radarroy. His forum has done wonders for us consumers. Also he was kind enough to lend us his Stalker LZ1. The best thing everyone can do on this forum is to buy from him. His prices and customer service is EXCELLENT! Thanks Roy for letting us in your world!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Longsnowsm

You said it Happya$$. I bought my Laser Shield, Veil, and Super Protector from Roy. Depending on the results of the jammer testing and the avoidance of jammer codes on the guns I may be asking Roy about one of those Lidatek units. I live in the communist state of Colorado that just made it illegal to use jammers so I am having to think pretty hard on getting one. So Veil, Laser Sheild, a car bra are going on everything I can put it on. The local PD and state troopers just starting using LIDAR in my local area... Interesting the law gets passed and the LEO's suddenly have new toys....

Longsnowsm

Old Timer

Hey, just noticed the windshieild wipers on your headlights, be careful that the stuff that sprays up on them does not contain alcohol or amonia, or you'll be washing your headlights off

Yoda of Radar

they spray washer fluid...

Longsnowsm

Well the bike night time riding turned out OK also. Again light output was cut somewhat on the bike with the Veil coat that I think I put on too heavy. So there was some reduction in visibility, but I think it is still OK. Now as long as I don't get run over I will keep running the Veil on my bike. I would think that LIDAR would have a lot of trouble picking up a bike with Veil applied since there aren't many targets of opportunity on the front for them to hit. Should be interesting to see how this works out. I just hope the dark looking tint of the Veil doesn't get me the wrong kind of attention.

I will get some pics of the Veil applied this week and post them, and practice some on application. I have an Expedition that is a LIDAR nightmare with all chrome on the front. I am not sure how effective these countermeasures are going to be on that monster, but I am gonna try! :-)

Thanks again for all the support and feedback guys. This forum is terrific.

Longsnowsm