Default Question about Veil on VW

Hey everyone, this is my first post! I got my first speeding ticket the other day after owning a cobra radar detector for the last 3 years. I am sure the cop was using a laser b/c my cobra didnt even give off a warning (and its a really crappy detector, i am getting a V1 soon ) ANyways i want some laser protection so i am thinking about installing VEIL. I was wondering, will the chrome face plate on Touaregs ( VW Touareg Exclusive : Latest VOLKSWAGEN 2007 2006 2005 Motoring Car News | VW Touareg Exclusive Car Specs Wallpapers ) render VEIL useless or would i have to paint it on the chrome too?
    I was also reaserching CO law the other day to try and see if VEIL is technically legal, but i couldnt find anything. Does anyone know if VEIL is legal in CO?
    Thank!
    -Stevenson

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Question about Veil on VW

Cobras suck... good move going to a V1.

Veil G4 is a great product, but on that car (especially if you have a front License plate) it will do little to nothing to help you.

You need to look into a laser jammer for laser protection, that is the only option. Check for legality in your state.

Veil is legal most anywhere, except for the fact that local ordinances or state ordinances imply that aftermarket application of any product to factory exterior lights is illegal (Tints, fils, covers etc...).

The biggest thing with Veil is how dark you make it (how many layers), and how big of an @$$ the LEO's are in your area. Many forum members have never had any issues with LEO's using Veil, well others have caught heck, AND citations.

Welcome to the forum.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    Cobras suck... good move going to a V1.

Veil G4 is a great product, but on that car (especially if you have a front License plate) it will do little to nothing to help you.

You need to look into a laser jammer for laser protection, that is the only option. Check for legality in your state.

Veil is legal most anywhere, except for the fact that local ordinances or state ordinances imply that aftermarket application of any product to factory exterior lights is illegal (Tints, fils, covers etc...).

The biggest thing with Veil is how dark you make it (how many layers), and how big of an @$$ the LEO's are in your area. Many forum members have never had any issues with LEO's using Veil, well others have caught heck, AND citations.

Welcome to the forum.
    Jammers are illegal in CO I think. Doesn't matter. Don't jam them to the gun and you will be fine. I'm looking into a Blinder M25 this summer and Jammers are illegal where I am in TN. I think the fine is like 50 bucks if you are dumb enough to get caught here.

Yoda of Radar

^^^^ Just looked at GOL, and they are... thats why I told him to check. I would run them anyways though personally.

Yoda of Radar

^ x3. Speeding is illegal too. If being illegal bothers you that bad, then you shouldn't need a jammer because you're not speeding anyhow.

But yeah, Veil is a great product. But Veil without a jammer is like a scope without a rifle. It is not a primary defence. It only optimises your primary defence, which is your jammer.

There are some extremely stealthy, low profile, black cars with no chrome that Veil could actually act as a poor man's primary defence for, but that very definitely does not apply to your car, or many cars for that matter. Even if I drove one of those cars, I still wouldn't let Veil give me any false sense of security.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

Default This is not a cheap hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    ^ x3. Speeding is illegal too. If being illegal bothers you that bad, then you shouldn't need a jammer because you're not speeding anyhow.

But yeah, Veil is a great product. But Veil without a jammer is like a scope without a rifle. It is not a primary defence. It only optimises your primary defence, which is your jammer.

There are some extremely stealthy, low profile, black cars with no chrome that Veil could actually act as a poor man's primary defence for, but that very definitely does not apply to your car, or many cars for that matter. Even if I drove one of those cars, I still wouldn't let Veil give me any false sense of security.
    The more I read the more money I need