Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Manufacturer

Default Real-World Veil Saves

Please post your real-world saves experienced with Veil when either used alone or in conjunction with other countermeasures.

Veil Guy
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 04-21-2009 at 08:16 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Professional

Default Re: Real-World Veil Saves

Here is a link to a post I made late last year regarding my one and only encounter so far with LIDAR using VEIL and a VEILed LaserShield only on my previous personal vehicle, a 1998 Saturn SL2 (Forest Green)...

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...er-shield.html

At this time, I have not had any LIDAR encounters with my new(ish) ride - a 2003 Buick Century, but will post when I do!

Thanks Bob for a great product!
    Last edited by Qui-Gon; 04-21-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Got tagged at < 500ft by FHP doing 85 in 65. As i was going up a hill, FHP tagged me right at the peak on the hill. The peak of the hill was also curved. So i was off angled by the hill and the curve at <500ft. I never had anytime to kill my 9500CI and FHP never gave me the chase. I give credit to veil over the 9500CI on the first 2 seconds in that save as i got no chrome on the front.
    2000 accord
    9500CI
    V1
    Veiled everything shinny
    no front plate in Florida

Professional

Well, it finally hapenned on the way home from work...a LIDAR hit by the NY State Police!!!
    I was travelling westbound on I-290 as I normally do every afternoon. I was coming up on the Niagara Falls Blvd. exit doing about 70, when I started picking up Ka (NYSP use 34.7). Instinctively I let my foot off the gas, then almost immediately...LASER ALERT on my STi for about 2-3 seconds (my STi Driver is high-mounted in one of those visor cases, partially behind a tint strip). I was about .1-.2 miles away from the trooper, who was parked in a NO U-TURN area. He did not seem at all happy...either that or he was concentrating on his next victim. As I passed him...an immediate I/O Ka hit. Needless to say, I passed him unscathed at about 62-65 MPH. Funny thing is, I had not 2 but 3 coats of VEIL on my headlamps. I was trying to cover up some fisheyes, when my passenger side coating started to come off....you get the picture. Now, my HL's look almost jet black. I did buy a pair of Xenon halogen lamps to compensate. Didn't even get a second look from the trooper.

VEIL and a Veil'd Laser Shield were my only countermeasures besides my STi Driver...
    Last edited by Qui-Gon; 05-08-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Radar Fanatic

lol @ this thread.

The only way anyone would know if veil works is if they are speeding over 10 mph without a laser jammer.

There is no where saying a cop can only stop you at 10 over the limit. Where I live they dropped the "7" over the speedlimit down to "3" over the speedlimit.

A cop can easily right you a speeding ticket for 1 mph over the limit and that is all it takes.

I guess retards will "LOL" at anything.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Driver View Post
    There is no where saying a cop can only stop you at 10 over the limit. Where I live they dropped the "7" over the speedlimit down to "3" over the speedlimit.

A cop can easily right you a speeding ticket for 1 mph over the limit and that is all it takes.

I never said a cop can only give you a ticket over 10. Go re-read what I said.

If you are out driving though, the chances of you getting a ticket are much higher when doing over 10 MPH.

Common sense doesn't go well with you, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by noTe View Post

If you are out driving though, the chances of you getting a ticket are much higher when doing over 10 MPH.

You have the same stupid mentallity that others on here have saying a save was not a save because its not over 10-15mph so if its less its not a save.

So explain what you were laughing about then since your point was made so clear the first time....

It depends what several factors when your speeding, location and location of the cop looking for you, you just can not say there is more facts based on your baseless blankent statements you continue to say over and over....its getting old.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by noTe View Post

You have the same stupid mentallity that others on here have saying a save was not a save because its not over 10-15mph so if its less its not a save.

So explain what you were laughing about then since your point was made so clear the first time....

It depends what several factors when your speeding, location and location of the cop looking for you, you just can not say there is more facts based on your baseless blankent statements you continue to say over and over....its getting old.
    Congrats, you are now the biggest tool on this message board. See RadarKid for your trophy.

The whole reason is because LEOs all have different opinions on what speeds deserve tickets. If you took a poll of every LEO in the world, probably the majority of them would say they won't issue you a ticket unless you are doing 10 over.

I've gotten a ticket doing 5 over before I had any countermeasures, that's not the damn point. But your brain has no common sense to understand anything. The IQ of the message board was so much higher before you started posting here.
    Last edited by noTe; 05-08-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Speed Demon

nevermind