Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Member

Default Re: New Jersey State Police and their speed radar

Quote Originally Posted by Motor On View Post

Oh yeah, I remember coming across the ultimate radar detector thread. Forgot about that one.
    Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

-V1 3.872 (1.3 Mi. C/O Ka pointed away from me. 3.6 Mi. C/O K)-Bel RX65 New Backup (4.1 Mi. C/O Ka 35.494 Ghz, light traffic) -Laser Interceptor Gen-8 Dual (No saves yet ) -Bel 980. -Galaxy DX 959 with a peak and tune.
    -Wilson Lil' Wil antennae. -Whistler 1585. -Whistler 1430. -Passort 3200 w/ 1000 laser detector (got stolen, bought one off ebay for nostalga).
    -Cobra Trapshooter RD-31XX? (Can't remember silver/teardrop shape X, K only). -Cobra Trapshooter RD-3110 (my first RD in 1987, when Cobras were good, bought one off ebay for nostalga new in the box). -Kustom HAWK. -Kustom Falcon cordless K Band. -Kustom Talon.

Radar Fanatic

He's cooking something up, just exactly what remains to be seen.

Mobile Installer

Quote Originally Posted by Motor On View Post
    He's cooking something up, just exactly what remains to be seen.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

The original post is from 2010 so this might help. I travel TONS for work and almost EVERY police department in NJ now uses Ka band.

I have yet to see NJSP use anything other than Ka band and I drive almost all of the interstates including the NJ Turnpike & the Garden State Parkway.

Speed Demon

travel down south and you will experience a few NJSP cruisers with X band still installed.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by midd View Post
    travel down south and you will experience a few NJSP cruisers with X band still installed.
    Indeed. I've also encountered some locals now running X-band off a Route 78 by Clinton, NJ. Perhaps hand-me-downs from NJSP?
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Yeah I had a post on here where I questioned if NJ still ran X band and a trip there last year was the first time in a long time I heard an x band alert on my RD. Strong and loud as I was passing a car that was pulled over with two local cops in central Jersey, so I guess they really do still use it there. I haven't seen X band in NY in over a decade.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfut View Post
    Yeah I had a post on here where I questioned if NJ still ran X band and a trip there last year was the first time in a long time I heard an x band alert on my RD. Strong and loud as I was passing a car that was pulled over with two local cops in central Jersey, so I guess they really do still use it there. I haven't seen X band in NY in over a decade.

When I lived up into NY in the early eighties, K-band ruled. Now Ka. I don't recall seeing any X.

Yes, X-band is alive in NJ, while the K-55 ruled for decades, the NJSP have transitioned to a large extent to Ka-band and laser. I occasionally come across an X-band marked state trooper, though, as well as local townies that use it as well.

Yes, you'd be well advised to continue operating X-band on your detector while in Jersey.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook