Where to mount concealed display?
I am thinking about getting one. I have a Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV. My V1 is to the right of my RVM as high as possible. It cannot be seen from the sides of the vehicle. I've been pulled over before and the cops never noticed it (no tickets!). I am worried that if I have a concealed display, that it will be noticeable somewhere. I never take my V1 down because nobody can see it, even if they look inside my side windows. I want the concealed display so it is a little more easier for me to see when driving. Sometimes when I have passengers, I keep the V1 on silent but then I don't pay attention to it. I can live without the concealed display if I have to but it's just a thought.
Re: Where to mount concealed display?
Most people put it on top of the steering column, or somewhere in the gauge cluster. That's not an area that most cops are paying any attention to. You just have to turn it off so it's not flashing and beeping when he gets there.
Re: Where to mount concealed display?
Is it still noticeable? I am also worried about theives.
Re: Where to mount concealed display?
Noticeable if you are looking for it. Few people would have any idea what it was even if they did see it though. Putting it somewhere that is not noticeable sort of defeats the purpose of it.
Re: Where to mount concealed display?
+1. Its got to be somewhere you can quickly glance so that you keep your eyes on the road too.
Re: Where to mount concealed display?
Go check out the install forum. Most people put it in the gauge area, mine included.
Re: Where to mount concealed display?
Right above the steering wheel on the steering column. The goal here is to hide it from others while making it easy to view as you drive.
http://image.motortrend.com/f/120976...ra+cockpit.jpg
Re: Where to mount concealed display?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
computersoc
Is it still noticeable? I am also worried about theives.
I've have mine on the steering column with velcro. Anytime I park outside for the night unhook the wire and remove the display. Put the display near the speedometer or it will drive you nuts anywhere else.