Re: Another Northern CA user
Welcome to the forum. Any questions or concerns about your ix? From what I hear, CHP uses quite a bit of laser too so look into getting a laser jammer as well.
Re: Another Northern CA user
They always seem to out between Reno/Tahoe and the valley. I saw them last week lined up behind a overpass getting cars as they pass. There was 3 on the merging route watching/waiting, and 2 further down 80 giving the gifts to the the ones they snagged.
Other than that - I wish they would fix the road up in the hills.
Re: Another Northern CA user
Quote:
Originally Posted by
ceeze
Hey all. Another new Northern CA member here.
Got a ticket on the way back to the Bay Area from South Lake Tahoe two weeks ago, so now it's on -- I bought an RD the next day.
I originally planned on buying a V1, but after reading the forums here ended up with a 9500ix. So far very happy with it.
Cheers,
Ceeze
Where'd they get you, on 50 or 80? 80 between Cordelia and Vacaville is ridiculous! As far as laser goes, I just saw a chippy working it in our area for the first time a couple weeks ago. He was hitting the s/b lanes of 680 just North of Pacheco Blvd, at the bottom of the hill after the Marina Vista exit...
Re: Another Northern CA user
Thanks... yeah, I'll definitely do some research into laser avoidance as well.
One feature that is missing as far as I can tell is the ability to disable individual red light camera warnings from the escort database (not my own). I suppose I can try the MRK button next time I pass by one that I don't want to be warned about, though the manual doesn't indicate that this works.
Ceeze
Re: Another Northern CA user
Quote:
Originally Posted by
ceeze
I suppose I can try the MRK button next time I pass by one that I don't want to be warned about, though the manual doesn't indicate that this works.
When you reach a marked location, simply press the MRK twice and it will unmark that location for you. This works. I did this when the RLC in my area were taken down.
Re: Another Northern CA user
Quote:
Originally Posted by
22349cvc
Where'd they get you, on 50 or 80? 80 between Cordelia and Vacaville is ridiculous! As far as laser goes, I just saw a chippy working it in our area for the first time a couple weeks ago. He was hitting the s/b lanes of 680 just North of Pacheco Blvd, at the bottom of the hill after the Marina Vista exit...
He got me on the twisty part of 50, in the second or third passing lane after leaving Meyers. The slowpokes always seem to speed up for the passing lanes, so I had to step on it to get around them. The LEO clocked me at 73, but was nice enough to write me up at 65.
Yeah, I'm seeing a lot more CHPs on the road these days... seems like they have a mandate to help with the CA budget crisis! A few weeks earlier on 50 just outside of Sac I saw one standing on an overpass with radar (or probably lidar) and 4 cruisers laying in wait a half mile down the road.
Re: Another Northern CA user
Quote:
Originally Posted by
snoopyc4
When you reach a marked location, simply press the MRK twice and it will unmark that location for you. This works. I did this when the RLC in my area were taken down.
Nice! I'll definitely do that next time I pass one.
Thanks,
Ceeze
Re: Another Northern CA user
Quote:
Originally Posted by
2Bolt
They always seem to out between Reno/Tahoe and the valley. I saw them last week lined up behind a overpass getting cars as they pass. There was 3 on the merging route watching/waiting, and 2 further down 80 giving the gifts to the the ones they snagged.
Other than that - I wish they would fix the road up in the hills.
Yeah, I think I saw some of those guys too. :)
Re: Another Northern CA user
Quote:
Originally Posted by
ceeze
He got me on the twisty part of 50, in the second or third passing lane after leaving Meyers. The slowpokes always seem to speed up for the passing lanes, so I had to step on it to get around them. The LEO clocked me at 73, but was nice enough to write me up at 65.
Ugh. I've never been popped on 50, but have been stopped (not ticketed) twice on the downhill side of e/b 80 between Truckee and Reno, right across from the truck inspection station for w/b trucks... Good luck with the 9500, and get on Trapster, too-every bit helps!