Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
Had an A M A Z I N G c/o k band encounter on 84N towards Albuquerque. I didn't check how many miles away it was, but it blew me away. Had 4 Ka band encounters, some around some pretty steep curves. Also had a confirmed X band encounter around Moriarty (ended up pulling into the same gas station as him). All in all a great 800mi trip with no tickets.
Still haven't had a real laser hit on my LIs! :(
Re: Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
Re: Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
IIRC it was a Torrance County Sheriff car.
Re: Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
Comfirmed 33.8 POP today on I-15 South. Good thing I left it on!
Re: Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Unkind
Comfirmed 33.8 POP today on I-15 South. Good thing I left it on!
It is very unlikely I will ever drive through this area any time soon (if aver at all), but this is good information, I am convinced that I want all bands on traveling across states. The POP is a reall bummer though, I'd rather keep that off.
Nice trip!
Re: Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Unkind
Comfirmed 33.8 POP today on I-15 South. Good thing I left it on!
They don't use radar in pop mode often though, but they do use the 33.8 frequency for radar. I can confirm that.
they still run the MPH Bee units like most cops from other states run their radars since pop mode doesn't lock in speed and cannot be used in court as tracking history.
Re: Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
Yes he did switch it to C/O then to POP then back again.
Re: Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
I encountered instant on shots, not pop during my travels around vegas. 33.8 instant on and constant on.
just as deadly though since many detectors can fail on picking up instant on and if you don't have a rabbit...you're doomed =/
Re: Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Unkind
Yes he did switch it to C/O then to POP then back again.
Sounds like a bona-fide POP. The thing is, once he switches to C/O, he is giving up his stealth, especially for Redline. I heard from another member who lives in Reno area about POP, so it sounds like sporadic POP use in metro areas. I'd still be inclined to have POP off, unless you are driving late at night with no other traffic around.
Here is a scenario - You drive with POP disabled. A LEO shoots POP at a car a mile ahead of you, then jumps to a shot of regular I/O or sloppy I/O. At that point, Redline alerts. You slow down. Later, he shoots YOU with POP, then I/O. At that point you don't care about the POP because he gave himself up WAY back when he shot the other car. Just my opinion, but the POP alert on Redline is nasty to listen to, and you get a LOT of falses.
Re: Drive from East NM to Las Vegas, NV with my Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by
TwoLitersOfFury
I encountered instant on shots, not pop during my travels around vegas. 33.8 instant on and constant on.
just as deadly though since many detectors can fail on picking up instant on and if you don't have a rabbit...you're doomed =/
I drove from Las Vegas back to Salt Lake City area yesterday. I was cresting a hill in Utah, and over the rise got a point blank shot of I/O (Ka 34.7) from a trooper in center divide. No pre-alert from Redline due to the terrain. Luckily I was driving only 2 above PSL. I am seeing a lot more I/O use, so yes, rabbit or eyes, or slow to PSL in areas where you can get ambushed. Luckily in the desert, there are a lot of areas where you can see a LONG ways down the road, and push 100 without a sweat.