I have an erroring Rx65 should I have it repaired or purchase a new one?
My Rx65 after booting and doing self test says something like calibration failure etc (don't recall, it's been years, once it gave the error I dust boxed it).
Now is it worth repairing the radar detector for $100 or just purchase a new one for $140? Is Rx65 still worth it?
Re: I have an erroring Rx65 should I have it repaired or purchase a new one?
I would send it in for repair. But it may be worth looking/researching new units too like the RedLine, Max and a few newcomers to the industry.
Re: I have an erroring Rx65 should I have it repaired or purchase a new one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
tempnexus
My Rx65 after booting and doing self test says something like calibration failure etc (don't recall, it's been years, once it gave the error I dust boxed it).
Now is it worth repairing the radar detector for $100 or just purchase a new one for $140? Is Rx65 still worth it?
What's the FCC ID number on the bottom of that RX-65 ?
Re: I have an erroring Rx65 should I have it repaired or purchase a new one?
Try a factory reset. Sometimes that does the trick.
Re: I have an erroring Rx65 should I have it repaired or purchase a new one?
Sorry to bring up an old thread.. But how do you factory reset?
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Re: I have an erroring Rx65 should I have it repaired or purchase a new one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
hipertec
Sorry to bring up an old thread.. But how do you factory reset?
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
No problem.
To reset RX65 to its original factory settings, press and hold the “CITY” and “BRT” buttons while turning the power on. The RX65’s display will provide a Reset message, accompanied by an audible alert, acknowledging the reset.