I'm thinking about putting Veil on the HL, FL and chrome areas.
Printable View
I'm thinking about putting Veil on the HL, FL and chrome areas.
Thx... I best get a 2 head
Totally agree'd two head's at the "bare minimum." Three is the going norm these day's with beam divergences now being in the 2.5 and heading lower milirand region.
Alpine-
While we've seen some Blinder (as well as older AL and Lidatek) setups with one head on the center with Veil knocking out the headlight reflections but it is my understanding of the current ALP design is that you need two heads minimum to deal with some of the guns like several models from DragonEye, because I think one of the heads goes into "receive mode" while analyzing the incoming pulse rates while the other head transmits the jamming pulses as the current design of a single head doesn't allow for both at the same time.
While it is my understanding the a single head design could be developed to do so, the design of the ALP precludes that. So, if you are concerned about encountering those types of police lasers, two should be a minimum on either the front or the rear, even on a small profile vehicle like a motorcycle. It's not the coverage of two heads versus one, per se, (like it would be with other jammers) but the functioning requirement (ie; limitation) of this particular jammer.
It would be interesting to see a test with only one head center mass against a slew of guns to see how it would work, though, but I am not aware of any such test that's been conducted.
Good luck.
VG