Need help, manual for bel 615R?
'Super wideband w laser'
I bought an older bmw which has this already installed, but can't locate any info on operating it ( how to mute or change bands or alter volume etc.). I called Bel for help but it's older than their available info can cover ( I didn't know they had been bought out years ago).
Can anyone help me locate this info! Thanks in advance
yes, it should be replaced I agree, I have a escort 9500ix and V-1 too
Re: Need help, manual for bel 615R?
I'll try to find some info for you and get back.
What Bimmer did you get?
Re: Need help, manual for bel 615R?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Veil Guy
I'll try to find some info for you and get back.
What Bimmer did you get?
1995 bmw 530i 5 spd. I love e34's
Re: Need help, manual for bel 615R?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
steeltag
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Veil Guy
I'll try to find some info for you and get back.
What Bimmer did you get?
1995 bmw 530i 5 spd. I love e34's
Yes, indeed.
Would you confirm the model. I actually don't believe there is a 615R, I recall a 975R and a 915R, but no 615R.
Re: Need help, manual for bel 615R?
Yes, indeed.
Would you confirm the model. I actually don't believe there is a 615R, I recall a 975R and a 915R, but no 615R.[/QUOTE]
Thx. Well, that's what is on the top of the detector ( permanent install). I don't see any other way to identify it. Wish I could paste a photo to show you
Re: Need help, manual for bel 615R?
I spoke to someone today at Escort/Bel and they didn't recall the unit.
This manual may work enough for you to get through it.
http://www.adcmobile.com/product/bel/v975r-manual.pdf
But here's the thing, whatever it is, it's really old and certainly outdated.
K and Ka and laser all are going to be below what is possible today. Further, filtering is going to be seriously deficient especially against K-band CAS systems.
For you nice E34, I'd recommend getting a newer unit (like a windshield mount). I suspect a CR93 would outperform it on K and Ka and certainly laser, plus it's less than $200 bucks at RB depending upon your budget.
Sorry I couldn't offer more.
Good luck.
VG