Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Manufacturer

Default Re: My Valentine one let me down

Quote Originally Posted by PointerCone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    At any rate, additional protection or not, his V1's failing to alert is unusual which was the OP's concern.

VG
    Not unusual at all. High mount, perhaps near or under a tint strip. Most units wouldn't go off, V1 included. As YC said above, even if it did, wouldn't matter.
    Talk to the hand. Simply not true. It's jammer bias.

Here are some real-world encounters with laser, Veil only, and the V1 and the RL on a difficult to stealth big silver sedan.

Multiple passes, so no one offs. Repeatable.

Sorry for the language, it was such an intense rush. Better than an E ticket ride.

BTW, Veil eats up the DE VPPR. Even YC will attest to that.

VG
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 02-18-2015 at 10:52 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

At any rate, additional protection or not, his V1's failing to alert is unusual which was the OP's concern.

VG
    Not unusual at all. High mount, perhaps near or under a tint strip. Most units wouldn't go off, V1 included. As YC said above, even if it did, wouldn't matter.

Here are some real-world encounters with laser, Veil only, and the V1 and the RL on a difficult to stealth big silver sedan.

Sorry for the language, it was such an intense rush. Better than an E ticket ride.

VG
    The LIDAR Veil works best against is the DragonEye guns. Even with this, I don't feel thst Veil and radar detector is adequate protection against LIDAR. Veil is best used in conjunction with a laser jammer to compensate for poorer performing jammers and/or less than ideal jammer head positioning.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by yellowcab View Post

VG

VG
    The LIDAR Veil works best against is the DragonEye guns. Even with this, I don't feel thst Veil and radar detector is adequate protection against LIDAR. Veil is best used in conjunction with a laser jammer to compensate for poorer performing jammers and/or less than ideal jammer head positioning.
    Your opinion is duly noted! Can't deny the performance in the real-world with the above videos, though. Happya$$ might have another perspective on that notion as well.

But thanks for the reinforcement with the DEs. I trust as more guns become tricked out and tough(er) on jammers, Veil should prove even more invaluable. Also keep in mind that not everyone can A) afford a jammer and B) may not be legally able to own one in their region. Plus most jammers mean JAM codes.

VG
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 02-18-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Banned

VG
    lol, i can go PSL pass a LEO shooting laser and not get a ticket too with no CM's.

Seems you also said the Bel alerted to laser and the V1 didn't.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post

VG
    lol, i can go PSL pass a LEO shooting laser and not get a ticket too with no CM's.

Don't be a knucklehead CJ. The speed doesn't matter. The fact that he was trying for a long time to get one, DOES.

VG

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

VG

Don't be a knucklehead CJ. The speed doesn't matter. The fact that he was trying for a long time to get one, DOES.

VG
    He could have been tracking your speed with the LIDAR hoping that you would accelerate.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by yellowcab View Post

VG

VG
    He could have been tracking your speed with the LIDAR hoping that you would accelerate.
    Some of you guys, are so biased against Veil, it's not even funny. Any time a win happens with Veil, it's discredited for one reason or another. A total of about six passes against this trap, I am sure that was the case each time. Unbelievable. I was there you weren't. The problem with you guys is that you base your opinions/experiences on test course runs, not the real-world and you rarely allow credit to be given to Veil. I know you guys will say otherwise, but I know the score. When some of you actually start using the product in the real-world (which most of you don't), then maybe one day you'll get it (but I won't hold my breath).

They're not looking for guys to accelerate they are looking for SPEEDERS not would be speeders. I can't even believe you could make a comment like that with a straight face. I know when a WIN is a win even if other video watchers (of you) don't. Any of you guys shilling for a jammer company?

BTW, here are some more encounters where the officer is "clearly" looking for accelerators and NOT speeders:

Here's a Stealth to Gun taken by Steve with Veil only and a V1. Oh I mean they were tracking him all the way to point blank range looking for him to speed up.

Happya$$ said it best in answer to those that are not Veilievers.

VG
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 02-21-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Y'know, this is my maiden voyage into the world of CM forums, but I've been involved in many a motorcycle forum and I have to admit to being a bit surprised that the passions run just as high here as they do there.

Or on a gun forum. Or a fishing forum. BLACK WORM? YOU'RE USING BLACK WORM?? ARE YOU A MORON?? THIS IS TOP-WATER LURE COUNTRY, FOOL!

Then the bastige goes 'n' catches a 12 pound lunker on that there black worm and...

I think I researched Veil pretty thoroughly before I ordered it. There's a lot of independent testimony out there if you look, and I don't just mean the folks on this forum. I don't have any distorted expectations. It is not a Klingon Cloaking Device.

But in the immortal words of Mel Brooks - "It's like an enema...it may not help, but it soitenly couldn't hoit!".

Or was that Groucho Marx? Karl Marx? Well, SOMEBODY said it, and it's very true.

If it might...just MIGHT...delay that "read" for a few extra seconds...and I only have to put less than a C note into the pot to find out...

Just sayin' here...

Ride safe,

CR

Manufacturer

LOL.

Passions run high here in our community? Nah.

Look ok at the history of posts here. This place used to be the Wild West. Bodie comes to mind! It's mild now. LOL.

VG

HAR!

Yeah, since my coming on here I've done some casual surfing of some older threads and have come across some quite...uhhhh..."animated" discussions back in the archives.

Usually it boils down to a lot of "Oh yeah? Sez who?" and "I'm rubber and you're glue...".

And of course the always popular "Okay, but HE started it!".

*Sigh*...kinda miss that drama...at my age, that's about all the excitement one can expect...or expect to survive at least.

Ride safe,

CR