Advanced Member

Default Just so happen...

Have you ever traveled and got your mind on something else and not pay attention? I did one late late night a couple weeks ago and just did not drive fast on this back road which misses going thru a small town of Bxxmont MS. This around route has a PSL of 35 which is crazy slow. Where I was being watched (did not know), I did a full stop at a stop sign (rare) where it use to be a straight road with a side road to the left. The side road has no stop sign now but has the right of way. I continued forward with a right turn curve ahead, then headed on a long straight away doing a slow 42, not a normal 60 on this paint less small road. The V1 did almost a full scale K band alarm near a shut down factory for almost 3 seconds. I hesitated for a second pulling myself back into the real world, I just got hit. Sure enough, a Leo was sitting at this plant in the dark and hit the on button real late where I was almost past him. The reason for the non full scale alarm. Just so happened, rare spot, drinking time (I don't drink), bypass road, a stupid placed stop sign, fast I/O, a bad combo to see blue lights.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Just so happen...

Daydream blues? Yes. Twice! Once at 16 while running a van loaded with pharmaceuticals through Mansfield to Akron, VASCAR got me 5 miles out of Mansfield on 1/4 mile hashes.

The second daydream stupidity happened in Morgantown, WV on the way home with a Sauder table to build.

Sad, but great post NA. 7 over eh? Well, if the roads were dry, weather exceptional, and traffic minimal (obviously) cry puppy dog tears to the Judge to knock the fine down. The insurance and your wallet ignore tears. Hope it's not too bad.

Sincere condolences. Been there mate.

Kmeleon
    Last edited by Kmeleon; 12-15-2019 at 03:27 AM.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Just so happen...

Correction to make it more clear: ...a bad place to see blue lights for the unlucky..... I did not get stopped due to mind wandering.

Advanced Member

Question Re: Just so happen...

That's a good thing. It sure sounded like a >real experience< to me, "blue lights and all." Thanks for clarifying it mate. I ponied up my guts, perhaps others will too for entertainment value.

Kmeleon