Newcomer

Default rj11 and regular phone cable...

not the same? I read so many differing posts. Are they the same or not? Thanks.

Default Re: rj11 and regular phone cable...

Quote Originally Posted by Oranges
    not the same? I read so many differing posts. Are they the same or not? Thanks.
    Hi Oranges,

Not all regular phone cable uses finely stranded and sufficient gauge wires. Fortunately I have found that the phone cable which Radio Shack carries seems to be quite good and is similar if not identical in quality to the RJ11 cables used by the RD manufacturers.

Years ago Tandy had a separate Wire and Cable division which produced excellent cable products which in many cases were superior to other manufacturers. The corporate idiots at Tandy sold it off.

Anyway, I am not sure what you are really asking in your post. Are you looking to make your own hardwire cable for your V1?

Best Regards,

--Michael

Newcomer

Hi, thanks for the response. I basically am too chicken to hardwire my radar so I am just running a cord from the lighter to my windshield. But currently the cable is way too long so the excess is rolled up, but making alot of clutter in my small car. I wanted to get a 3' cable. I measured and that would be the perfect length, leaving no excess.

Problem is, I can't find rj11 in anything close to 3'. Anything I find is labeled as regular phone cable, so I am trying to figure out if there is a way to decipher what is suitable when not labeled as rj11.