Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: different v1?

Radar Fanatic

Default different v1?

Is there any difference between a V1 from the official V1 website for $399 to the other V1 from other websites that range from over $400 and around $500? The V1 from the official V1 website does not give version number. Do they always shipped the most current? Just want to make sure if there is any diffrence before purchase as most website sell them for around 450 and even ebay sells them new for around $450

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: different v1?

V1 from the official website always ships with the latest version number. You can buy on eBay for $450-$500 because they will ship overseas while the official site only ships in the US. Also, some on eBay and other sites claim to have special programming to eliminate false alarms, but this is nothing you cannot do by reading information on the official site and programming the V1 yourself.

You should order from the official site.

Radar Fanatic

I agree, definitely buy from V1. Go to the source to get the latest and greatest.

Radar Fanatic

holly cow!!
    You answered it within 3 minutes of the post!!!
    This is off topic, but i was planning on a stealth install by installing it in the rear brake light housing right behind the rear seat. I need to install an audio remote, remote mute, remote display and external speakers. How do I install all these units to the V1 since it only has 1 phone input? Would any phone expansion work? The one where you put 1 line in and it converts to 5 line out. thanks your the help and extreamely fast reply.
    2000 accord
    9500CI
    veil lights/tag

2005 accord
    RX75 (soon to be v1 end of the week)

Radar Fanatic

If you buy all those then there are no other adapters to buy, if you go to VR and click on "our store" click on the remote audio adapter picture you can see each part comes with two RJ11 inputs,
    click on parts and see two RJ11 on lighter jack as well, they all come together.

Radar Fanatic

Need more help. Ordering a V1 hard wire kit with 2 RJ-11 out. I have 4 things to power on. V1 unit, remote mute, remote display, and remote audio. How will I wire all these units together? I want to make sure i order everything i need at 1 time. Attach is a diagram of what i need installed and the arrows help with what im trying to do. I still need help to make sure i order everything right 1 time and wire it right the first time.
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DrCoke; 04-12-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Power User

Bottom right hand corner:
    http://www.valentine1.com/moreinfo/p...er_pg24-25.pdf

(Bottom of page 25)

Valentine Research always ships the latest version. As they are the entity that makes the Valentine One, by definition you will always get the latest version when you buy directly from them for $399. But the fact is, they only change versions and upgrade software every few months on average, so if what you buy is really a new unit from any reseller, you'll most likely get the latest unit available anyway. So that's usually not a problem with buying from a reseller. But there ARE problems, so read on:

There are lots of unofficial sellers out there who simply buy a Valentine One from the factory for $399 and then try to sell it for anything from $450 to over $500. They are doing nothing to earn the extra money.

Even worse, I've found cases where a person will buy a used Valentine One on eBay, and then turn around and sell it as a "new" Valentine One on eBay. Buyer beware! Here's an example:

VALENTINE ONE RADAR DETECTOR V1.8 Great Price! - eBay (item 270363010139 end time Mar-23-09 15:40:05 PDT)

In that auction, the seller listed the item as in "New" condition and he did not say anywhere in the auction that the unit was "used", yet a search I did on its serial number shows it was originally sold 7 years ago! Furthermore, here is the auction where the seller of the above unit bought a used Valentine One just a few weeks prior to the above auction:

Valentine One V1 Radar Detector Low Buy it Now! - eBay (item 200310034625 end time Feb-13-09 19:50:40 PST)

I found the two above auctions by going through the feedback of the seller - ironically, he got positive feedback from the guy he ripped off!

It is really a case of "buyer beware" out there!

My company is one of those "unofficial resellers" of new Valentine Ones, except in my company's case there is a difference. We extend the factory warranty from one year to five years (anything covered on a factory bought V1 during the normal one year warranty is covered by my extension of that warranty through the end of the fifth year, with all repairs still being done by the factory's service department). We also add programming that siginicantly reduces false alarms. The programming we do can be learned and done by anybody, if they want to take the time to learn how, and then spend some time experimenting with various settings while out in the field to see how far they can safely go with the reprogramming.

We charge $499 for a new Valentine One and this includes the extension of the warranty and the programming we do.

In my opinion, my company offers a valid choice for the person that wants to know he won't have any repair bills for half a decade on the unit and wants good anti-false alarm programming without having to take the time to learn how to do it himself.

In summary, if you are not interested in an extended warranty and/or custom programming (that you can figure out how to do yourself), go straight to the source (Valentine Research) and eliminate the middle man.

Best wishes,

John
    Last edited by John@RadarDetectors1; 04-13-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Now he is promoting his product to a potential customer who wants a V1.

VTB this scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by John@RadarDetectors1 View Post
    In summary, if you are not interested in an extended warranty and/or custom programming (that you can figure out how to do yourself), go straight to the source (Valentine Research) and eliminate the middle man.

Best wishes,

John
    Wow, what a promotion...