Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced

Default Tired of not knowing where threats are

Ok so my STi is a great detector, has good range, and is convenient around cities, but I just can't stand having it go off and having to look straight, left, right, behind and not knowing, even if I know it's real police radar. Can I just react to the alert and slow down? Sure. But it's almost as annoying as getting false alerts because I don't know how long I have to slow down for.

I'm really considering the V1 but most of my driving is city. I live in suburbs with several door openers. I almost got banged with i/o K with the STi (luckily I outbraked the LEO) but I wasn't going that much over the speed limit. I feel the V1 would have picked up the light scatter over the STi even though there was hardly any cars on the road.

I'm starting to see the value in the V1 and will be considering doing a 30 day test run on it.

Anyone else here do mostly city driving with their V1 with positive results?

Professional

Default Re: Tired of not knowing where threats are

I don't own a V1 yet,but i'm changing my current setup also just like you.My RX75 Pro Plus has served me great,but i'm looking to give the arrows a try finally.

Radar Fanatic

I own the RX-75, 9500CI and V1. I run the 9500CI and v1 together for the best coverage. The 9500CI normally wins most encounters. There has been a few times that v1 picks up weak KA before the 9500CI but the 9500CI normally wins. I originally bought the 9500CI for the remote hidden install, GPS for dead silent city driving, and zr-4. I add the V1 mostly to replace the RX-75 in my second car but until i order the LI, the V1 stays in my primary car with the 9500CI for the arrows. Because someone got a ticket a month ago on the 9500CI because of K-band lockout, i now run my V1 K-band on and its true, 9500CI does lock out leo using K-band. I never own the STI, but i can tell you the arrows own the highway and annoys the hell out of me in the city. IF V1 is your primary radar, get the cheetah GPS mirror and it will mute in city driving if your below the set MPH so u dont hear the V1 at every publix, walgreens, and cvs.

Experienced

Dude lets keep it confined to dashmount RDs....the 9500ci is a $1600 exception

Radar Fanatic

I own both the Sti and the V1. I use the Sti only in Ontario (spectre heaven), and the V1 in the States. I agree with your statement, I hate having to look all around wondering where the signal is coming from. Once you get hooked on the V1's arrows, you'll never go back to another detector.

J/

Power User

Sadly the V1 will probably drive you nuts in the city. 6-7 bogey locks in all directions... K lock at every drugstore...

I love mine for the highway but I/O will still own you if your out front or alone!

Professional

the V1 and the STi are a great team, I have been running them both for at least a year now. If I had to pick one winner between these two champs it would be V1 because of the arrows, for me that is a must now. I do most of my driving on the highway..V1 not made for the city.

Radar Fanatic

V1 in city is insane. 8 bogey counter and arrows pointing up,down,side,side,down,up,down,up,side,down,side,u p,side,down. Just mute the dam thing in city.

Lead Foot

Most of my driving is city driving and I solely use a V1. It will probably drive most people nuts but I have no problems with it. YMMV. Your best bet is to try it out and find out for yourself.

snoopyc4

Its time for u to get a V1 and join the zombie community